• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Features (reflections, water, wind, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic727

Hi,

I would like to have more informations about the features below :

1. Will we have realistic reflections in the game? Like instead of having static reflexion in the water or windows, it could be in real time. Seeing your own reflection in mirror, windows, water, etc.

2. When we walk into water, will it make wave or only white trail?

3. Will we have natural wind that change direction during the game and have an effect on the smoke?

4. Will we have footprint in the grass, mud, snow?

5. What about a console port? Or Xbox One/360 controller support?

6. Will we see our own shadow on the ground like in Crysis, Outlast and Brother in arms?

I think it's all... And thank's to said me last week that we will see bullet and mag. on the ground for a small period of time after use.

:)

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Hi there!

1. Yes - you can expect real-time reflections; the CE3 is powerful that way!

2. The water is physicalized, so there will be "waves", indeed.

3. It's possible to have random wind-direction, so I can't see any reason to leave it out.

4. Yes.

5. Most likely there won't be a console port, but having support for a controller is possible I reckon.

6. Yes.

Hope it answers some of your questions!

Maniche

Nic727

Cool. Thx very much. Now I can say Traction Wars >>>>> BF4 :D

EDIT : What about moving cloud (volumetric cloud (low fps cost))?

Roughbeak

A general rule of thumb, CE3 can pretty much do anything you want it to (if you have the time or patience). :)

it would be soilder like to be able to use the rifle butt to bunt or rifle stock to block and also fix bayonet and have a few striking styles

Last edited:

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
If I look down, will I be able to see my feet?

I'm told such things were only left out of FPS games due to the PS3 and Xbox 360 not being powerful enough to include them without significantly affecting other elements of the game. In Left 4 Dead 2 for instance they were taken out to have more zombies on screen. Cryengine works differently, so yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.