• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Field of view

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmiedzianyy

Will be there a possibility to change the field of view in TW like in other games? I think it's important for many players because everybody have their own habbits. I personally prefer the bigger fov. I have always dreamt about the game that would allow me to change the way how the character is holding the weapon. By scrolling the mouse wheel you will change the gun position in your hand from holding it near the hip to the almost aiming position. In real life you can choose what is the best option. Maybe, when you move with your gun at the level of your hip you move faster, but the fire is less accurate. When you need to move quietly and be more accurate without aiming the sights you can move your gun closer to the cheek/head and be more certain of your shots. It will improve the cqb situations without forcing you to aim the sight and blind the half of the screen. I hope that i've explained it right what i meant to say ;D What you guys think? It is even possible to do?

Last edited:

litchu

I really like the scrolling idea, most of the time I use the numbers instead of scrolling for picking my weapon anyway which leaves my scrollwheel unused. Except in Rising Storm where it's used for distance.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Not to keen on scrolling idea, not sure about practical uses.
Id like scrolling to have a different function, maybecover or grenade relaed.

litchu

Not to keen on scrolling idea, not sure about practical uses.
Id like scrolling to have a different function, maybecover or grenade relaed.
Lets say you are at your spawn you can just lower your weapon and run for a while, but when your near an objective you raise your gun ( may that be halfway, or all the way up ) and when you need to zoom you're ready to shoot way faster

mmiedzianyy

[MENTION=938]litchu[/MENTION] exactly. You can zoom from whatever position you hold your weapon. Time the gun travels from your hip to the aiming position is longer so you may use it for example to move behind the tank, you move faster but always ready to shoot back. In almost every game when i need to cover behind the column of tanks i move to fast or to slow and stay without any cover...

Aniallator

I like the fundamentals of this idea, but I don't think using the mouse wheel would be best. I'd rather that there were several modes of movement, like walking, jogging, running, et cetera, with each mode having advantages and disadvantages. Walking would be the default mode, with minimal weapon sway and thus more accurate hipfire. Your equipment (canteen, for example) should make very little noise, and your footsteps should be quiet. You hold your weapon in position where it will hipfire with accuracy. Jogging would be something between a walk and a run, with no limit, so you can jog as long as you like. Weapon sway should be increased dramatically, and MGs shouldn't be able to hipfire. Loud footsteps, your equipment makes some noise. You hold your weapon more across your chest. Last would be running, no hipfire whatsoever, very loud footsteps and all of your equipment banging around. You'd carry your weapon at your side with one hand. You shouldn't be able to run for more than ten to fifteen seconds before you run out of breath and then have to wait another ten to fifteen seconds before being able to run again. Just thinking realistically ;) I'd rather use the mouse wheel to adjust weapon sights and to alternate between throwing a grenade overhand and underhand.

Last edited:

mmiedzianyy

[MENTION=2108]Aniallator[/MENTION], maybe you are right about the mouse scroll.. My proposition is to use a sprint button to switch between joggin, running etc. As you said, default could be walking, but when you press it, the player will start jogging. Need to run? Simply hold the button. The accuracy will change different depending on the situation. I think when it comes to sprint, weapon should be carried in both hands. But on the other hand on greater distances its hard to distinct allies from enemies, Tripwire had good idea to difference fractions when sprinting.

Aniallator

Yeah, I kind of had RO2 in mind in I mentioned that :) Running with a weapon in one hand like that looks so darned cool! I agree with what you said, and being able to toggle between walking, jogging, and sprinting with SHIFT would be nice and easy. Hopefully the devs consider this!

Status
Not open for further replies.