• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Food and drink consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It's a novel idea - not one we'd even considered to be quite honest.

I can see you could add drinking in combat to relieve stamina or something (with a finite supply) but that's straying towards magic potions to my mind.

How did you imagine it working?

shuttlelauncher

:laugh: I can see this being a thing now. We have a ton of hungover gamers controlling a hungover character while everyone is holding guns. Then you see bullets flying around and a sniper from a hill is just watching these guys fall over with their tipsiness. This game is going to be the best thing ever xD

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
Well it would be a cool idea to have a key that allows you to take a sip from your canteen, for those moments when nothing much is happening on the battlefield (such as guarding an objective in the rear, or waiting for a firing mission while manning artillery, or riding in a truck while getting to the front). But since I know it takes a lot of time to get the proper models and animations done, I'd say it's not very high priority...

However, a game portraying certain... other effects of harsh wartime conditions on humans would surely get some attention... Although I feel this would be more suited to the North African theatre, or Eastern Front in the summer, and much more suited if this were a survival game, as opposed to a historic FPS...

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Drunk matches anyone?
Small map with every player being intoxicated, let the fun begin.

Alex

I see relevance with Soviet troops, but I can't imagine German and Allied troops getting away with it. It's off to the Penal battalion with you!

shuttlelauncher

[MENTION=1426]Alex[/MENTION], you would be surprised what some of our troops did during the war. One of our guys (he was half drunk and half crazy) LITERALLY ran straight across the battlefield with Germans watching this and shooting at him. He jumped OVER one of the defenses, grabbed the radio that they needed, ran back, and escaped without a scratch on him. THAT GUY had some serious kahunas to do that.....

mopskind

I would imagine that to be a nice idle animation, you know taking a sip, having a quick smoke or something like that. Huge amount of work though for gameplay wise unneeded things. On the other hand stuff like that really immerses you in the world

Brendan

Well, this is rather interesting. I don't think I see it being implemented without a certain thirst system, which I don't really want to see.

FlyingR

Although I wouldn't want it implemented, smoking, eating, drinking, seeing a line of shermans come to your aid and blowing everything up could improve moral in order to get better aim, running speed, etc.

Pvt_Larry

It's an interesting idea, but I don't know if I really want to see Dayz's hunger and thirst system here. And would the battles really be long enough for a feature like this to be needed? I'm a little skeptical myself.

drummer93

sounds crazy, but I imagined me smoking a Milde Sorte cigarrette in a german trench in TW, or drinking water of my canteen. It's an interesting idea. But it's not an important aspect now. Maybe in future...

Aniallator

I don't think there should be a hunger/thirst system, but an idle animation of swigging from your canteen would be the coolest thing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.