• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Forgotten Hope 2 new version coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

This is exciting news for Forgotten Hope 2 fans of a new version 2.46. A special "D-Day" theme is set: Gold and Omaha Beach. This 2.46 release will include many new features, new weapons, vehicles, and bug fixes.

If you have BF2 it is a must to download it, don't forget to patch BF2 2 times (1.41 and 1.5)!

The release will be on Friday, but you can get a password protected torrent. Stay tuned for more updates until Friday:
Forgotten Hope - News

Hope to see you on the beaches of FH2!

Last edited:

Kevino

Vanguard Friend
it is a full release. dont even have to remove 2.45 if you dont want to. (im really lazy)

just hoping my 2005 built computer will keep kicking enough to enjoy it! stupid b.s.o.d 's

Roughbeak

More stuff! :) Forgotten Hope - News

Notable screens in the upcoming 2.46:
New Mp34

Its animation (by Chad509):

G41(Walther)

Its animation (Chad509 again)

New Marder

Motorcycles will make its first appearance in FH2's upcoming 2.46

Tomorrow is the release day, just a reminder. ;)

Ts4EVER

Hello and welcome back to another Forgotten Hope 2 update.

Today we'd like to show off the 2.46 Trailer, once again made by Kubador. We hope you enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed filming it!

Skr13

Can't wait to test the new patch, been waiting a long time for this, and I'm glad that bot support is there.

Gold Beach has bots right off the bat, Omaha will be patched in later through the launcher.
Ts4EVER
(quote from moddb fh2 page)

Sir Apple

Is this even worth getting?

Last I played the mod was basically dead, I really can't imagine this patch is going to do a whole lot to bring back the once strong numbers?

Skr13

Is this even worth getting?

Last I played the mod was basically dead, I really can't imagine this patch is going to do a whole lot to bring back the once strong numbers?

Maybe the new update will bring back more players, but it's sad that one of the best mods I ever played, has such a small community.
Anyway, since I mostly play in Single player mode, I'm glad to know that they are already looking to improve bots behaviour, skill, etc, to make the gameplay more realistic.
Even that will never feel like human vs human gameplay, bot support is always good for practice, excellent for people with bad internet connection, funny to play in LAN Players vs Bots...
Gonna download the new patch today, let's see how it is.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
FH2 is undoubtedly my favourite mod of all time. Closely followed by PRM and Black Mesa.

I've downloaded the new version. It's been a while since I've played properly (back in hslan days). Anyone know the best times for server population?

Might see a few of you folks ingame :)

Roughbeak

FH2 is undoubtedly my favourite mod of all time. Closely followed by PRM and Black Mesa.

I've downloaded the new version. It's been a while since I've played properly (back in hslan days). Anyone know the best times for server population?

It varies, but 762 is by far the most active (I'm one of the admins there), you can view what maps are being played at a give time. :)

Forgotten Hope 2 Awards

Now some screens from 2.46 :)

(Omaha)

See you ingame!

Kevino

Vanguard Friend

I've downloaded the new version. Anyone know the best times for server population?

euro evening time has always been strong, its us north/south americans that suffer with no time to play it except for weekend daytime (me being west coast usa)

Koenigstiger

They're not America's worst company this year, they got knocked out pretty early appaerently

If you can believe that.

Just watched some FH2 videos and it looks interesting, certainly nice maps but no cover system :( might see about getting into it.

brrr

TW Developer
Wow awesome updates, very much looking forward to trying out those beach maps :) - hopefully the patch gets released on Desura soon as I hate having to download those massive patches separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.