• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Ginkelse heide

Status
Not open for further replies.

litchu

This week was about operation Market Garden. 17th of this month it was the 70th anniversary which ment lots of events around the area where it all took place. Aswell a convoy of 350 vehicles drove from Belgium to Holland taking as much origional routes as possible.

This saturday ( 20-09-2014 ) an event took place at the "Ginkelse heide", the place where the 4th Parachute Brigade landed on september 18th 1944. The plan was to drop 1000 paratroopers in 2 waves, but due to heavy fog the 1st wave got cancelled.

The following pictures are taken ( by me ) on the Ginkelse heide:

PM for bigger images ;)

Last edited:

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I thought I was tall until I met Hanni.

Looks marvellous, love the Bren gunner in the field.

Remembrance with style.

siben

How tall is hanni?
Sweet pictures indeed. Also, weird to see a muzzle brake on the AT canon in the first picture. Is that a wartime version of the 6-pounder?

TheViscount

You may find it interesting to know that my great-great-uncle (I think that's his connection to me) was second-in-command of the 10th Parachute Battalion that was part of the 4th Parachute Brigade that dropped on the 18th. His battalion was pretty much wiped out, with one officer being awarded a posthumous VC and 404 men (including himself) being captured. Only 96 of the Battalion were evacuated.

Status
Not open for further replies.