• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Glad to be here....this looks very promising!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sHaKeNbAkE

I have been pc gaming for over 20+ years and still going strong (yes I'm an old fart! xD). I stumbled across this site while in the H&G forums and so far I am really liking what I am seeing & I hope I can help support this endeavor.

I am still searching for the perfect FPS game that will bring the one missing element that so many of the current releases are missing - "Battlefield Connectivity." So many games have come close but even with 64 players on the battlefield and various vehicles etc. people still run around not really connected to players around them. To truly emulate the battlefield and to create a sense of brotherhood with those around you (even if it's for one match) you have to be able to effectively communicate with one another....and I don't mean by typing in game messages! Yes you can get there by getting a clan together and jumping on a voice server however what about other players in the match that are not in your clan or/and on your voice server....end result is a disjointed effort on the battlefield.

I would love to see a FPS game (especially WW2 era) that included features that truly encouraged & rewarded team play. I would love to see a VOIP system that allowed me to speak to a player/s who are next to me or/and call up my commander who may be in a tent somewhere controlling battlefield assets. RO2 has come close to this with squad & team VOIP but I think it could even be better. There is no point in continuing to build large scale FPS battles when the very core of large scale battles is missing....COMMUNICATION. Military soldiers and units are constantly communicating back and forth via voice, hand signals, and radios/phones so they can coordinate their efforts.

I apologize if I have rambled too much on my first post but I do believe that the first FPS title to bring true "Battlefield Connectivity" will hit a grand slam in the FPS gaming community.

Look forward to seeing this game develop and thank you for welcoming me to your community.

Cheers!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Welcome to the community [MENTION=1254]sHaKeNbAkE[/MENTION] :)

I completely agree that no-one has yet managed to get communication and the sense comradery right in a game, it's quite a challenge but we're giving it our best shot.

sHaKeNbAkE

I'm going to post some suggestions in the appropriate section of your forums regarding communication ideas....thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Thompson153

I too have just joined, from the same thread on the same forum that shake joined from. Looking forward to see what this game has in store!

ScheifferB

Welcome to the community, there's smoked kippers in the mess hall.

Your post reminds me of my first time upon entering these forums. I'm very much fervent of having a solid VOIP system, and I think it's something any WW2 realism fanatic would long for. You're lucky to be blessed with such a skilled developing team, as are we blessed to have such quality members who give good reason behind their suggestions. Rest assured your cry for good communication is in safe hands, and of course the rest is up to you guys when TW is released!

Be sure to post as many suggestions as possible in the respective forum, providing you give good reasons as to why it should be implemented and of course the benefits of having it in game, and you're pretty much guaranteed a response from the developers.

Thanks for joining the community!

Kanga

Hey Shake! Good to see you here as well. Been missing you from H&G. I can definitely see where you are coming from when you mention "battlefield connectivity". I'm definitely looking forward to TW, the staff here really seem to be working hard at putting together a solid game that I feel most of us (WWII enthusiast) want.

Raul

Hehe, welcome Shake! Glad to see ANOTHER friendly face, hope we might get on TS when this gets in a state to play, until then we need some luck to provide the right feedback xD.

I already saw your map sugestion, very nice one indeed ;).

Pelzer

I'm new here also! I'm very excited for this game since I absolutely love tactical WWII fps and strategy games. Hopefully this game will bring more strategy to the table than similar games like RO2!

Status
Not open for further replies.