• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

gore/bleeding and ragdols

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostDogg

i wonder what your takes on gore is

see to me it would add to the eperience if i shoot someone that he will start bleeding
maybe even leaving a blo0dtrail until he gets bandaged (or for gameplay purpose badage himeself

i think for instance dayz standalone has a very intersting damage/blood system
you get a lot of damage vision becomes blurry

the blur remains until you recieve some medical attention.

gore

i find it interesting if someone steps on a mine for instance that he might blow half his leg up
offcourse that would mean he is killed though(sure irl you can survive having your leg blown off) but the ragdoll just misses a limb .

also wil dead bodies reamain in the field for a while or despawn rather quickly ?

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
I want to see dismembered bodies and guts, that's an order.
Now where did I put away all those cookies and Baklava...

Feldmeijer

While I love it when men fly through the air missing their arms, I can imagine that some people don't.
I'd like to see the option of turning blood/gore on or off.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
For some people gore is part of the realism but it's not for everyone (including me personally).

There will be an option to turn it off if we decide to crank up the gore as it's not suitable for everyone - some countries even ban it.

In real life when you get shot, a bath of blood just spit out of your body, just bits of dust flying out of your jacket or whatever your character is wearing, would be more realistic.

Aniallator

In real life when you get shot, a bath of blood just spit out of your body, just bits of dust flying out of your jacket or whatever your character is wearing, would be more realistic.

Actually this is a common misconception, IRL a bullet either doesn't leave the body (no spray of blood) or it does. In the latter case, unless it's a shot to the head, there's not usually the Hollywood-style liter of blood that magically pours out of your back. I'd like to see realistic gore effects, meaning realistic blood spray (again, where blood spray applies), as well as a pool of blood forming around the body. I'd like to see bodies not disappear for a minute or two at the least, assuming the engine can handle it. Having an arm or a leg blown off could be an interesting touch, though there should definitely be an option to turn this effect off.

Status
Not open for further replies.