• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Head up Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think, that in the options there should be something where we could deactivate the HUD to keep the Realism to the max.

Because i think that if there's a HUD on the screen it ruins everything.

Instead with no HUD you guys could add alot of features in the game, like Hold "R" to check how many bullets are left in your magazine.

That's all i wanted to say!

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
One thing I need to ask @naga
Latest Minimap shown in the thread you linked to features a darker version of the map, any chance the brighter one is an option for guys like me who can have hard time destincting "dark-dark grey" and "dark grey".

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Latest Minimap shown in the thread you linked to features a darker version of the map, any chance the brighter one is an option for guys like me who can have hard time destincting "dark-dark grey" and "dark grey".

Good question :) We can certain look at doing an optional high-contrast version.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer

The reason why it isn't super visible is that the mini-map is mainly there to help you with your position relative to your teammates and your direct surroundings. So its never meant to for orientation purposes. To orientate properly you need to get out a physical map. Also there is a thing that every screen has different color/brightness values meaning we just need to test a lot to get it juuuuuuust right, color and gameplay wise. :)

Aniallator

I have to agree with the OP, could you include an option to press a button to remove the magazine from your weapon and see how many bullets are left? For example, you press G, wherein you remove the magazine from your weapon, like you would when reloading. You then hold up the magazine so you can see inside, and judge how many bullets you've got left. Pressing G again would load the magazine back into the weapon, and voilà. For bolt-action rifles, this means pulling the bolt back to look into the chamber. Also, what about an option to disable player's names? That way, unless you recognize the uniform, you won't know if they're enemy or friendly, and would be realistic.

Feldmeijer

I have to agree with the OP, could you include an option to press a button to remove the magazine from your weapon and see how many bullets are left? For example, you press G, wherein you remove the magazine from your weapon, like you would when reloading. You then hold up the magazine so you can see inside, and judge how many bullets you've got left. Pressing G again would load the magazine back into the weapon, and voilà. For bolt-action rifles, this means pulling the bolt back to look into the chamber. Also, what about an option to disable player's names? That way, unless you recognize the uniform, you won't know if they're enemy or friendly, and would be realistic.

I do believe that friendly fire should be disabled. Have you ever seen me play War Thunder? #onemanarmy

VonMudra

Only problem is that looking in a magazine, all you'll see are the first two rounds if it's a staggered feed, and one round if it's a stack feed. Beyond that, there is no way to tell. IRL, the soldiers fired until it was dry, only taking pauses in action/end of the action to reload their magazines.

Aristle

I do believe that friendly fire should be disabled. Have you ever seen me play War Thunder? #onemanarmy

I personally disagree; I believe that friendly fire should be permitted for the realistic aspects Aniallator noted. However, I am aware of the problems that may cause with troublemakers who may kill all their tea members. So, I wonder if there will be staff moderators or host moderation.

Aniallator

Only problem is that looking in a magazine, all you'll see are the first two rounds if it's a staggered feed, and one round if it's a stack feed. Beyond that, there is no way to tell. IRL, the soldiers fired until it was dry, only taking pauses in action/end of the action to reload their magazines.

You'll see the one or two rounds, and would judge about how many rounds are left based on where the round is in the magazine. Well, I guess it'd be a little complicated, so oh, well. Do you think you'll have a feature in TW where you can look up all of your faction's weapons and see their statistics, such as magazine size, muzzle velocity, ROF, et cetera? Verdun doesn't have this, it's a bit annoying . . .

VonMudra

You'll see the one or two rounds, and would judge about how many rounds are left based on where the round is in the magazine. Well, I guess it'd be a little complicated, so oh, well. Do you think you'll have a feature in TW where you can look up all of your faction's weapons and see their statistics, such as magazine size, muzzle velocity, ROF, et cetera? Verdun doesn't have this, it's a bit annoying . . .

Sure, we already have something like that prepared.

List of common World War II infantry weapons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of armoured fighting vehicles of World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.