• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Hello community, quick question about capping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

igotsomematches

Fresh off the proverbial boat here and another defector from H&G. I have a quick question about the capping system. Obviously skirmish maps will probably follow the same free for all cap style that they usually follow. I was curious if anyone would know, on the larger maps will it be a similar free for all system like battlefield, or a numeric cap system. I.E. A1, A2, A3 cap style similar to H&G? ( maybe the one thing the devs got right ). I ask this because Battlefield feels like it simulates capture points in a death-match ( everyone is running around with no discernible rhyme or reason ), while the numeric system feels like it portrays a front line better.

Keep up the great work, game looks great.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I haven't played H&G but the capture point system but our system is very flexible so it will depend on the map.

I suspect though that most maps will have some form of restriction on the order in which strategic points can be contested.

FlyingR

Welcome mate! I think the way it's going to work is that you have to take a flag, and once you do that you have to get to the other one, like Project Reality.

On a side note and don't want to be a partypooper but in this subforum, General Discussion, there're at least 7 "Hello..." which are not related to what this subforum is about ("Traction Wars Game related discussion here."), just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.