• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Hey you! I see you lurking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VonMudra

PR is supposed to be a realistic game. What is the point to put a Pershing in Normandy? It's because a Sherman can't face a Tiger? It's because they think that the Sherman sucks? I don't know :/.

As I recall, that is their exact stated reason for doing so, as well as their reasons for many other unrealistic things in the game. They overruled historical accuracy with balance and maps based off pop culture, not historical fact. It's the way they have decided to build the game, but it clashes heavily with the notion of them being a realism game and a historically accurate depiction.

DerJoachim

Yeah i was abit confused when i saw Vierville just next to omaha beach, but damn, this game is realistic in the sense that you are really scared of dyng, and the enemy is everywhere, this is a masterpiece in immersion, every time i get inside a building and i hear enemy footsteps and shadows, all i can think of is Save Private Ryan scene where the jew soldier fight to the death.

It is charismatic and imemrsive, i dont really care if the maps are inaccurate or if the kar sights are not aligned, the gameplay and immersion is solid enough to forget about historical realism, i just hope Traction war will be as much charismatic and imemrsive as Project Reality:WW2 plus the historical accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.