• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

How will reloads work

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ This! Besides never have I seen any mg such as the browning, maxim, mg 42,34 being fed by mags.

Well, both the MG 42 and the MG 34 had 50-round drum magazines, but they were more common on the 34. The MG 15 had a 75-round mag, but it was primarily a weapon mounted in rear gunner stations of bombers, Stuka's and Bf-110's. Nevertheless it was used on the ground.

But yeah, belts were the norm, especially when used in the Lafette configuration. Speaking of which, [MENTION=147]VonMudra[/MENTION], you are campaigning like a madman to get those in, right?

Sydd

Well, both the MG 42 and the MG 34 had 50-round drum magazines, but they were more common on the 34. The MG 15 had a 75-round mag, but it was primarily a weapon mounted in rear gunner stations of bombers, Stuka's and Bf-110's. Nevertheless it was used on the ground.

Ahh yes the drum mags, I thought they were not implemented during the war but after it.

drummer93

yes, MG34 and MG42 drums were implemented during the war. They were used in light machine gun configuration, mainly for assaults

VonMudra

Yeah, the drum mags were actually known as assualt mags. They were not very common for either MG compared to belt feed- more a specifically issued out item for a unit that expects to have to assualt with the MG, and needs the gunner to be able to hip fire during the final phase of the assualt. We might implement them, but if we do they will be rare compared to belt feed.

And we do plan on getting a Lafette done (though donno if it'll be ready for first release), at which point I will be found manning it most of the time ;)

Killen

Yeah, the drum mags were actually known as assualt mags. They were not very common for either MG compared to belt feed- more a specifically issued out item for a unit that expects to have to assualt with the MG, and needs the gunner to be able to hip fire during the final phase of the assualt. We might implement them, but if we do they will be rare compared to belt feed.
And how do you want to make the mg model? In prone position, one hand on the mg and the other one on the belt? Or two players, one for belt and another one for mg?

Sydd

Mudra you are such a damn tease! Although you wont be bothering me much since I will be on the same side in a Tiger :p Fatherland commands it!

Anyways any chance you guys would be kind enough to show us some small teasers of the german faction? Like uniforms or some of them sexy mg 34/42s?

Killen

the Kar98k, I think the wood textures were made by volcol if im not mistaken, guys a fkin wizard! Kar looks majestic and his godlike wood textures do the gun justice! Sydd approves!!
I mean, which screenshot? I think i lost it. Btw kar98k is always amazing. Germans weapons silouettes are the best. Seconds are americans with garand and Thompson, and third are british with Lee enfield. The only one british weap that i like!

Aniallator

[MENTION=2672]Sydd[/MENTION], some of the screenshots have MG 42s! I'd know... I've spent many an hour drooling over every TW screenshot and video. And I'm inclined to agree, devs, you need to show us some German stuff. By which I mean actual Germans. You want sexy, Sydd, you look at a Stahlhelm ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.