• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

I can see myself from here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done a few searches and not come up with anything, so apologies if this has come up before. Has there been a decision on whether we'll be able to see our own bodies? It's often overlooked, but when one is just a couple of out-thrust arms and hunk of metal, hovering over a shadow of legs and body, immersion suffers

Obviously I would prefer a rather more 'holistic' approach! If we can also have weapon storage and changing equipment that would be the icing on the cake. By this I mean when a weapon is switched there is some indication that it is slung over the shoulder or holstered, grenades and magazines are removed from the character model when used rather than insta-changed, or taken on or off the character with no indication that there's an attachment system beyond duct-tape and magnets.

If this 'realism' extends to fumbling with buckles in the slow-paced combat, I think the tension will mount...

P.S. Is anyone else having trouble commenting with the text boxes? I'm reduced to typing in notepad then copying it in as the forum tools seem to be up the swanee.

Aniallator

Seeing unequipped weapons on characters would be awesome. Let's say your teammate's playing as an NCO, with his Webley equipped. You'd see the Thompson slung over his shoulder. Were he to equip the Thompson, he'd shove the Webley into its holster and unsling the Thompson. It would also mean that switching from one weapon to another would take a realistic few seconds, compared to most games where the switch is instantaneous.

If possible, being able to look down and see your own body would be nice. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure it's possible.

If possible, being able to look down and see your own body would be nice. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure it's possible.

I would have thought that would be the easy bit - it's been around in my knowledge since a demo I played of some 2002 shooter called "Gore" I think. Flashpoint had it, Mount & Blade had it, Left4Dead had it...the list goes on.

The other bit may be rather more difficult, but what you described is exactly what I'd like to see!

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Returning to the topic after getting distracted by annoying forum bugs...

In answer to the first part - can you see your own body when you look down. The answer is yes ;)

As for the rest, they're great ideas. I just can't say whether any of them will be in the game.

MausRatte

Returning to the topic after getting distracted by annoying forum bugs...

In answer to the first part - can you see your own body when you look down. The answer is yes ;)

As for the rest, they're great ideas. I just can't say whether any of them will be in the game.

Can I shoot myself in the foot?

Miller786

ahahahh, accidentaly shooting in your own foot while spraying with your mp40 would be a good ol wtf moment xD

Status
Not open for further replies.