• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Ideas (Variations|Dynamics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scharfe

Varients of Several Game Items:

Weapons- Not every weapon was designed and produced by the same manufacturer maybe implement variations or maybe just add older versions since occasionally they were issued. ie-Yugo K98, Mauser K98, G98

Appearal- Helmets, Camos, Tunics, Different Patterns, Shoulder Tabs, Medals, etc. based off units actually in battles

Vehicles- Different camo patterns along with markings depending on units in current battle ie: 12SS S with Key

Ammunition- With or without tracers, different rocket shell types, and the tanks should definitely have alterations

Dynamic Terrain: Avoid mud, and run smoother in grass. I am talking about having physically signs of changes in actor and vehicle speeds in different types of terrain. This would greatly increase the realism immersion in my opinion.

I may have been too direct with the search but I tried not to put any noted suggestions already discussed and these are most off the top of my head. Feel free to comment I don't mind.

Take this UC for a example :D

Last edited:

VonMudra

Didn't this just get posted before, or am I having deja vu?

Anyways:
Weapons: Already being done. We're including foreign weaponry sued by the Wehrmacht for particular battles that involved units that carried said weaponry. We have, in fact, already shown the Lebel in an update.

Apparel: Already known to do and being done.

Vehicles: Already known and being done.

Ammunition: Ammunition types used will be correct to the weapon/tank, with selectable types (like HE, various AP types, smoke, etc).

Dynamic Terrain: I am unsure if that is possible in the engine, though it would make things quite interesting.

Also, that UC type was only used on the Eastern Front, and the panzerschrecks were not actually fired from that mount, it was purely for transportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.