• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

I'm confused about game Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

I though this was made on CryEngine 3

IndieDB says CryEngine 4..... I'm confused....

*Taken from my PC*

Roughbeak

CryENGINE 4 was part of the CryTek's answer to other additional devices such as Xbox, Playstation 4, and Linux (I think).

The word "CryENGINE" is really the fourth generation. :)

Simon

CryENGINE 4 was part of the CryTek's answer to other additional devices such as Xbox, Playstation 4, and Linux (I think).

The word "CryENGINE" is really the fourth generation. :)

So we get this game on CryENGINE 4 ?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I've no idea why they've changed the name on IDB but Traction Wars is on CRYENGINE - there is no number afterwards. Crytek dropped numbers a long time ago.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Didn't know that they dropped numbers

They didn't make a huge thing about it. I suspect the reason is they didn't want to get into an arms race with Unreal Engine with who had the higher version number. The latest version of CRYENGINE is a good (or better) than Unreal 4.

Someday we might see a CRYENGINE 4 released but no time soon. The next announced version will be Version 3.7

Status
Not open for further replies.