• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

Was anybody able to play alpha? I was looking at some videos on youtube and it looks great! Finally a medieval game with no fantasy and dragons and ****!

DerJoachim

Was anybody able to play alpha? I was looking at some videos on youtube and it looks great! Finally a medieval game with no fantasy and dragons and ****!
Yes, i played the tech Alpha , it is good but they have a long way to go before releasing it.

Aniallator

I haven't played, but I agree it looks mindblowing! I'm glad they're putting effort into making the game pretty realistic, and as historically accurate as possible.

Feldmeijer

Eh... 8GB Ram....
Welp, only 6 more to go!

By the time it will be released I'll most likely have a new game PC tho.

DerJoachim

Is the story good? Are you able to select whether or not you can see the yellow dot/sight thingy?

yes it is customizable.

The story is good if you like the classic medieval theme : war , the scheming of nobility and the church, thiefs, etc etc.

The mai character is a totally clueless blacksmith that will make the difference on who will become king of the Czechs and if they will fight the Cumans or rather ally with them (the Cumans are modern day Hungarians), the game is Open World, so you have the chance to make alot of side quests, based on your behaviour ofcourse, you can even complete the game by being a complete douchebag or a white knight, what bother me is the AR_MA engine they use, i think it is not adeguate , i never liked that engine, but maybe it is just me.

FlyingR

Yeahh I saw you can kill whoever you want and I saw that it was 16x16 km! Basically a medieval GTA :p I shall wait to get a better PC and then buy it.

Tibu

yes it is customizable.

The story is good if you like the classic medieval theme : war , the scheming of nobility and the church, thiefs, etc etc.

The mai character is a totally clueless blacksmith that will make the difference on who will become king of the Czechs and if they will fight the Cumans or rather ally with them (the Cumans are modern day Hungarians), the game is Open World, so you have the chance to make alot of side quests, based on your behaviour ofcourse, you can even complete the game by being a complete douchebag or a white knight, what bother me is the AR_MA engine they use, i think it is not adeguate , i never liked that engine, but maybe it is just me.

Cumans are turkic not hungarians they are not same.

VonMudra

Yes and no. While yes, the Magyar were the original "Hungarians", the Cumans were absolutely brought into and integrated into Hungarian society early one in the period of the Kingdom of Hungary and into the ruling classes as well. Saying Cumans are turkic, not hungarian (IE, Magyar), is like saying that the English are really transplanted Germans/Danes- technically true, but irrelevant to modern society.

Cumans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DerJoachim

Cumans are turkic not hungarians they are not same.

This is a very closed minded statement, you are generalizing forgetting about alot o f things, and history of humanity.

You are forgetting thousands of centuries of migrations, war of conquest, and migraiton again rinse and repeat up until WW2.

Hungarians , like ANY country in the world other than maybe Japan, are a melting pot of people, according to your logic we wont be able to trace the heritage of anybody.

Americans would not even be americans since they are mostly europeans and africans.
Hungarians are called hungarians just because the ancient Romans first sighted the Hunnic confederation tribe in the Hungarian valley.

Then again, nobody can say hungariansa re not the same of this, of that and all the rest, Magyar themselves are not even native of hungary, theya re steppe people too, just like all the hundreds of turkic tribes that migrated across the ancient world after the collapse of the romans, Huns themselves, wich predate the Magyar in hungary, are another melting pot of dozens of other tribes, Cumans were just one of the last nomads to settle there.

Always according to your logic, French would be Germans, English would be scandinavians and continental germans, italians would be Romans when they are not, Romans are Romans (greek migration to italy), Latins are Latins, italians are all the melting pot defined by geo-political boundaries, alot of italians dont even identify themselves as italians, since south-center-north italians, including the islanders, are greatly differentiated, only share the same language and government, but this apply for most of the countries, especially in europe and United States.

End of the rant, anyway in short words, magyars, cumans, and all the other meltpot that settled in Hungary can be considered and IS hungarian.

L4rcher

This game looks wonderful. I would buy it just to look at the landscapes even if it played like sh*t

Siggi

I have the alpha and spent most of my time in it thinking "wouldn't it be fantastic if this was going to be a WW2 tank sim". Then I found Traction Wars. Lol.

Some new information from the E3 presentation (sorry it's in German):

So as we know, armour will be layered. What is interesting, they implemented a system where if you hit the same area of the body multiple times, the armour will be damaged more and more up to a point where it will no longer protect you.

And you can go full on 'Allo 'Allo, and dress up as a monk.

Aniallator

I'm loving the huge amount of realism going into this game! In a few years, it's definitely something I'd like to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.