• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Lego genius rebuilds WWII vehicles and set pieces at the age of 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Wish I was this smart when I was 14 ;) Amazing how accurately he's captured each vehicle - they're all recognisable

brrr

TW Developer
Wow! Crazily good work right there - especially considering that he's only 14. If only Lego would take up the idea and sell ww2 themed box sets :p.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Puts my structurally questionable lego houses to shame really.

Nice to see some originality still around especially as all lego seem to produce is Star Wars sets now...

volcol

Impressive :) I used to do a great deal of modelling wih Lego, I'm sure is still have a Lego Thompson up in the attic somewhere... Maybe 80% accurate but I managed too salvage some springs from and old airsoft springs so it cocked but didn't fire :)

_Franky_

My obsession with Lego was always trying to build a fully functional monster truck. I had a set of giant wheels and everything, the only thing I could never figure out was how to make the steering and full suspension work together. It was always one or the other. But boy was it fun to do test runs on this spot in our house where we had 3 steps in the hall way.

Sir Apple

When I was around 14 I once built a 5 or 6 foot tall battle robot out of cardboard and ducttape, full cockpit that could fit me and everything, was even able to hold human weight.

My mom made me throw it out some weeks later after she got sick of seeing a giant robot thing in our garage :(... and I didn't really have an argument as to keeping it, my dreams of an alien invasion never happend so...

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
and I didn't really have an argument as to keeping it, my dreams of an alien invasion never happend so...

If you've watched as much X Files as I have you'd be pretty sure that's already happened :p And if you're mum got rid of it, it's safe to assume she's working with the aliens. :eek:

Roughbeak

Haha, i am currently building WW2 Lego guns: :D
Colt M1911a1 (rubberband gun), Walther P38 (working slide), Bren (working, fires brick from a lego magazine), Lee Enfield (working) etc..

Although i am taking a bit off from this to experience real life. :)

Last edited:
The kiddo is quite clever.
When i was younger (Cuz i'm still young lol), i was building WW2 Battlefields like his but, JEEZ it costs an Arm and a Leg to do so little!
I remember when i was gonna order a 200Ish gray bricks to build a bunker... 60 Bucks. If you dont remember, 60 bucks at 10-16 years old is a Huuuuuge amount to pay for yourself. Now i've got a table filled with legos and i'm just here Dickin' on my 1600$ rig PC.
If i was rich i could probably do amazing things with lego!

I'm sad now :(*(Jokes on you!)*

-Squirrel

VonMudra

Garands are fun. I'd love to get one, but 1000 bucks is a bit steep for a grad student. For now I'm sticking to my bolt actions. What I'd really like is to collect a few 1870s-era breechloaders, like 1871 Mauser, Chassepot, and the austrian Wrendl.

Status
Not open for further replies.