• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

LP record's

Status
Not open for further replies.

litchu

Heya all!

I got 4 boxes full of LP record's from the attic and am currently busy trying to process them ( manually putting them in a database and ordering them ) and was wondering if you guys have any cool collections too? @calgoblin

While we're on it, I don't have a turntable.. any suggestions?

I have quite a few. These days I buy my music on LP first if I can, as many companies now issue CDs or download codes with the record. I find some good things on TAIGA records or the always excellent musicstack.com if you don't have a good local record shop. It's a website for mostly smaller, independent record shops to reach a bigger audience, so it means you avoid the majority of the corporate graspers like Amazon.

There are many turntables out there available second-hand, and I wouldn't worry too much about what you have as long as you're enjoying the music. Online music 'gear' fora are some of the most geeky places one can find online and the endless discussions about what is 'best' can mean one ends up listening to the components not the music. And paying thousands into the bargain!

Something older and well-made and by a respectable brand will be available somewhere for a reasonable price (less than a hundred euros). I've been fine with an old Pioneer of my grandfather's, supplemented in my recently-built amplifier with a more modern Rega that was ex-display. To play my 78s I have a portable wind-up gramophone!

DIYaudio.com has an astonishing array of knowledge if you want to build your own hi-fi bits, or tinker with existing ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.