• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Mag Reloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otakar

While reading Community Questions 4 I got an idea for reloading mags. There was a discussion in comments and I think, that it would be nice to have maybe like 2 buttons for reload and you would be able to choose if to keep or throw away the mag. So that if you would be in combat situation, you would simply throw it away and if you would be out of combat, you would change the mag, but keep the old one.

Please, tell me what you think. :D

Aniallator

While reading Community Questions 4 I got an idea for reloading mags. There was a discussion in comments and I think, that it would be nice to have maybe like 2 buttons for reload and you would be able to choose if to keep or throw away the mag. So that if you would be in combat situation, you would simply throw it away and if you would be out of combat, you would change the mag, but keep the old one.

Please, tell me what you think. :D

Good idea! I can see this as a useful feature, one that can be used - or not - depending on your preference. For example, if you're someone who spends every bullet in your magazine before reloading, you can have dropping mags bound to the R key, and just not bother with keeping mags, or vice versa. If you want to be able to do both, you can bind the reloading method you use most to R, and the other to Shift+R or whatever. As a realism feature, reloading and keeping your magazine should result in a longer animation, because you're not just dropping the magazine, but actually returning it to your bandolier.

Not sure how easy this is to implement, but it'd be neat to see at some stage, if feasible.

Otakar

Yeah, probably ALT+R or something like this. Maybe there would be like 10% chance that the mag gets stuck on the pouchs fabric and it takes some more time to reload it.

litchu

How about having to look down at your bandolier so you can't just keep running while reloading? Ofcourse that'd only be when you want to keep the mag, else just drop it and keep going

[Volk]Kriegsmann

Vanguard Friend
How about having to look down at your bandolier so you can't just keep running while reloading? Ofcourse that'd only be when you want to keep the mag, else just drop it and keep going
Personally I feel as though reloading in general should require an animation to look at what you're doing, even if only as a 'quick glance'. Depending on the sort of kit you're running with (German, British etc) the ammunition pouches can be rather fiddly, especially to make sure you don't drop any extra magazines or stripper clips. Sure in calmer situations one really wouldn't need to look, but in the stress of a firefight? I foresee dropped magazines and rounds unless one takes care.

Status
Not open for further replies.