• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Medic system ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oprah

Depending on where you're hit, it'd be great if the wound would bleed, and how fast it'd bleed would depend on the location of the wound and caliber of the bullet.

I.E with 3 severities of bleeding: light, medium & heavy.
Light: bleed out in 7 minutes. Little pain / shaking. Bandage stops bleeding
Medium: bleed out in 4 minutes. Medium pain / shaking. Bandage slows it to light bleeding. Requires medic or another bandage to stop bleeding.
Heavy: bleed out in 2 minutes. Possibly renders person immobile, heavy pain / shaking. Requires medic to stop bleeding.

Maybe heavy bleeding or severe wounds could render the soldier immobile. If you were planning on implementing something like that, I'd love to see a "drag" function to drag wounded soldiers to cover so medics aren't forced to treat them in the open.

Rough example:

Red:

Rifles (All ranges) & pistols (Close range):

1 Hit kill

Pistols (Long range):

50% chance of 1 Hit / 40% chance of heavy bleeding / 10% chance of medium bleeding.

Shrapnel:
50% chance of death, 50% chance of heavy bleeding.

Orange:

Rifles:

Close range: Heavy bleeding.
Long range: 80% chance of medium bleeding, 20% chance of heavy bleeding.

Pistols:

Close range: Medium bleeding
Long range: 70% chance of light bleeding, 30% chance of no bleeding.

Shrapnel:
50% chance of medium bleeding, 50% chance of light bleeding.

Yellow:

Rifles:

Close range: Medium bleeding.
Long range: Light bleeding

Pistols:

Close range: Light bleeding
Long range: 10% of light bleeding (?)

Shrapnel:
70% chance of light bleeding.

Also, maybe after getting shot, you could introduce more weapon sway or shaking because of the pain, which could be stopped / reduced with a shot of morphine. I'm not sure if individual soldiers carried morphine though, so that might be up to the medic to do.

This way it would be somewhat realistic, but not too complex or slow-paced. It would also make people slightly less dependent on the medics.

If someone is shot up bad, get a medic to heal him or he'll bleed out.
If someone's bleeding quite a bit, slow the bleeding by applying a bandage, then have a medic look at it when possible.
If someone is hit but the bullet just skimmed him, just apply a bandage and it's all good.
And if you're in pain, use morphine.

So, what do you guys think?

Last edited:

Roughbeak

I would like the idea of when you are hit, like say in the arm or leg, you have the ability to crawl or a painful walk.

A "last stand" would be awesome too. ;)

Kevino

Vanguard Friend
I would really like to see that if you hit an enemy, any kind of hit, that they wouldn't be able to hit you dead on while you are aiming for a 2cd shot...that really ticks me off if I have a great position, see them, fire and for some reason not get them totally, then bam, I am dead before I get another shot off.

blurr22

I think it would be nice to have a bleeding out animation. And you would bleed from wherever you are hit and the worse you're hit the more you bleed out and the harder it is to move. This would also help incorporate the medics role in the game.

Alberich

It would be nice if the medic had to do more than just throw a medikit at a wounded soldier. MAybe even take it to the next level and make him actually treat wounds for a few seconds with an animation? Maybe he will have to solve a quick "medical puzzle" to save his patient from death.... If he suceeds, he will be rewarded points and his patient will live or respawn closer to the action.... Just puking out ideas here.
Anyway it would be cool if being a medic would actually take some "medical" effort and not just a quick drop of a medkit.

Status
Not open for further replies.