• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

more news plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
You are (of course) absolutely right. We haven't been very good any good at releasing updates/news in the last couple of months and we are very conscious of that fact.

Behind the scenes we've been focusing all our energy onto the core development of the game which has distracted us from writing updates on the game. Be assured that progress is being made we just aren't writing about it..... yet

siben

Just wondering, is it true that creating the models is the easy part of the job? but actually making the whole thing work properly after you made the models takes up twenty times more time?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Just wondering, is it true that creating the models is the easy part of the job? but actually making the whole thing work properly after you made the models takes up twenty times more time?

That is certainly true to some extent. There are a lot of different disciplines required to take something from a concept through to a working item in a game. Frustratingly some of the longest parts of that process are very boring to look at or talk about.

Mars

Pathfinder Games
We're building the game from the ground up, we're not a mod team using another game as a reference. It means we have more flexibility towards the direction we want for the game, but it also means a lot of 'behind the scenes' work is required, and some things take a lot longer to implement. Plus as I've said previously, we work on this in our spare time.

SpaceCroissant

Maybe not. I'm studing systems engineering and I'm interested in programming process. But perhaps you dont want to reveal some secrets haha :p

I'll keep an eye out for you and see if I do something that I think could be turned into an interesting dev blog.

Dear dev team,

I know this question has been asked multiple times, but do you think there will be a testing phase during this year? Or is it still undecided?

Much lovexD

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
I know this question has been asked multiple times

Haha, yes it has! No worries though.

We don't have anything official yet when it comes to public testing, mind you, but rest assure we're trying our very best to get it going within a reasonable time! When is still undecided but there's exciting times ahead - trust me!

/I want my cookies as payment now

Haha, yes it has! No worries though.

We don't have anything official yet when it comes to public testing, mind you, but rest assure we're trying our very best to get it going within a reasonable time! When is still undecided but there's exciting times ahead - trust me!

/I want my cookies as payment now
I trust you blindly xD
Good luck with the project!

Status
Not open for further replies.