• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Most Anticipated Game of 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It wouldn't be right to completely derail the Best of 2015 thread with speculation.. so what are you all looking forward to most? Or what are you hoping will be revealed this year after just rumours?

Most Anticipated for me is almost certainly Mass Effect: Andromeda

As for what I'm hoping to hear more about.. the name "Elder Scrolls VI: Argonia" has been kicking about for a while but I've never seen it confirmed. Rumours were for March 2016 launch (which clearly won't happen) so hopefully we will at least hear something about it this year now Fallout 4 is released. My guess is it will be mid-2017.

Africandave

No Man's Sky - looks really fun - I hope it is not just hype...

hon mentions to Horizon Zero Dawn, And DOOM (Please don't do a Duke Nukem on us...)

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
No Man's Sky as well. Also Planet Coaster because screw Atari. And Uncharted 4. And hopefully playing on a Vive at some point...

Aniallator

As for what I'm hoping to hear more about.. the name "Elder Scrolls VI: Argonia" has been kicking about for a while but I've never seen it confirmed. Rumours were for March 2016 launch (which clearly won't happen) so hopefully we will at least hear something about it this year now Fallout 4 is released. My guess is it will be mid-2017.

Mid 2017? How will you play that, when we'll all be playing TW? xD Honestly, I have a load of 2016 games I'm looking forward to, but none are really coming to mind. There's Kingdom Come: Deliverance of course, and I'm looking forward to seeing PR:WW2 developed.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
No Man's Sky as well. Also Planet Coaster because screw Atari. And Uncharted 4. And hopefully playing on a Vive at some point...

Yes to the Vive. That does look incredible... I wouldn't like to guess the price though!

No Man Sky did have me very excited but I'm finding increasingly that I'm preferring shorter format games. Never ending isn't something I time for any more.

Aniallator

Almost forgot! I am really looking forward to seeing how Verdun develops. The first of their huge free DLCs will be releasing soon, and it's bringing a sh*tload of cool stuff! Squad, too, is looking amazing, and I intend to buy it as soon as it's on sale.

Last edited:

FlyingR

There is place for realism tactical WWII shooter and skill based close quarter WWII madness Ani ;) And to be honest i love them both!

The thing is that it's WWII COD and MOH with better graphics and animations. Even if they made it close quarter WWII madness they can make it way better from what we see in the trailer. From what I see it has nothing special or new to offer, as the devs mentioned, they are just recreating COD or MOH with new engine. I'm just giving my opinion based on the trailer though, I'm sure it has more things and it's at pre-alpha too so yeah.

There are too many WWII games coming out, it's as if everybody decided to make all at the same time... It's a shame everybody is doing this now rather than after BF2 ( a part from FH2) where there was no WWII game. Lots of competition now. Battalion 1944 might not last that long.

Zainab

But it looks so corny! Doesn't it just hurt you inside to see those kind of game mechanics?!

Well, it does but its been so long since I have played any WWII game that's why I am excited for that ;)..

But I am waiting for traction war to release because it looks more promising than any other WW game right now :)!

Aniallator

Damn it, almost forgot another one! War of Rights. War of Rights looks amazing. Like Traction Wars: Civil War with a command structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.