• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

My grandfather passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

Last night, I just received news that my grandfather passed away, after being rushed to the hospital from the nursing home. Originally he had a heart attack and had to be kept alive artificially six years (six years!) in the nearest nursing home.

He was a WW2 veteran, he was most remembered driving the Lee Tank into battle, and taking a Luger from a German soldier (the Luger is still in our family's hands).

May him rest in peace, we know he is in a better place now.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Sorry for your loss, [MENTION=1109]Roughbeak[/MENTION], may he rest in peace.

Maniche

volcol

Sorry for you loss, I know just how much this sort of thing sucks. We thank him for his service, hope you're keeping well

LuckyOne

Vanguard Friend
So sorry for your loss Roughbeak! Those guys from the Greatest Generation are really getting harder and harder to find each day... So many stories lost forever, with nobody to write them down. Well at least your grandpa's story is known to you, and you can try to keep his legacy alive through the work on Traction Wars.

Skr13

I wish your grandfather may rest in peace, I'm sure he has done the best he could, particulary in the war, to liberate the Europe from Nazi threat.
And like LuckyOne says, time is passing and some stories were told and many others simply went to the grave, but in the end, new generations at least should remember and respect their memories and their actions back in the past.

VonMudra

Really, dreadfully sorry to hear this Roughbeak. The good news is that at least you got his story and can remember and pass it on to future generations. Too many WW2 vets have been dying now without their story being remembered....

Status
Not open for further replies.