• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Napoleon: Total War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Napoleon: Total War! Just got an e-mail from Sega telling me thats their next game, as I already expected. It's not an expansion pack though, it's a brand new game! Pity because I hoped for a remake of Rome.

Anyway, they also got a promotional trailer:

http://www.sega.co.uk/games/napoleon-total-war/?t=EnglishUK&gseoid=napoleon-total-war

I'm looking forward to it, not what I expected but this era is kind of more fun then Empire's, only it is only starting at the end of Empire..

Oh and they say it will be released in February 2010 so I think we can say it will be released in April 2010.

Sir Apple

Looks cool....

Maybe I can get this one, although so far AOE3 is the only strat type game I've been able to stick with (though I haven't played it in months).

I still think the Total War series looks better the AOE series.

Last edited:

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Ah great :) I've been waiting for this ever since the mod came out!

@Sir Apple: It really depends what sort of strategy game you like. If you like like advanced battle tactics then Total War is perfect - however if you like building things then perhaps Supreme Commander or AOE is more your style. Total War does allow you to build but only during the turned based part of the game and not in realtime. Personally I prefer Supreme Commander as it gives a balance between the two but I'll still be getting NTW when it comes out :D

Sir Apple

Hmmm...

Well I prefere to build and such, and then blow up other peoples stuff :p. That was one of my favorite things in AOE.

Years ago, for some odd reason (when I was very new to games) I played Civilization III a lot. So I'm sure I could probably go for Total war.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Apple, try Rome or Medieval 2 first, they are not that expensive so you can get a feel of it, if you don't like it just put it dusting away.

For me these games are perfect, play Dictator on a big land map and decide where armies go and what should be build and then a second later your the Field Marshal leading the troops to victory. I think I like the 'realism' factor. I like games like Rise of Nations but the 'realistic feeling' is zero. When your fighting with the big awesome armies as with Total War it feels more authentic if you know what I mean.

Though this is kind of a rip off and should be an expansion pack for Empire. Focus on Rome 2 Total War guys, I know you want it! Votings in Total War forums even showed that Rome 2 Total War wins with votes, the era is just so good for war. Anyway, we always got Europa Barbarorum II for M2TW Kingdoms.

brrr

TW Developer
Personaly what i hoped they would do is make the napolionic era a small expansion pack and make a game during the 1800s after the napolionic wars. So it could include the american civil war, the zulu wars, Crimean War etc (an era of time even more interesting than the 1700s in my opinion).

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Best plan was this:

Empire: Total War
Napoleon: Total War Expansion
Civil War: Total War Expansion

Now use the epic and genius engine to recreate the Rome experience, as Rome is still the most famous of the series and it's loved now with the epic graphics and functions Rome 2: Total War could be truly epic.

You did it with Medieval now give me my Rome 2!

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games
Medieval 2 is truly a masterpiece.

I love it!
It runs awesome on my PC and the AI is very clever and realistic (compared to others) and who says no too a 1400+ sized army?

Hehe.

Maniche

Status
Not open for further replies.