• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Operation Market Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingR

First of all, I know if this map will be featured, it will be made in a future Chapter and that you've probably didn't quite plan it yet.

Anyways, if you were to make a map of Operation MG (or any map of this size), it would be great if this map was a very very big map, like 4km x 4km or something like that. You would have theX XX Corps and indeed you would have the multiple towns/cities that the XXX Corps had to relieve up until Arnhem.

Having a map this big would also allow having different map layouts like just Arnhem only, or tank battles or what not.

Having a map big like this would be very fun to play since it would be very interesting to see how to coordinate in large scale maps with vehicles and inf. in TW.

Just a suggestion :)

Last edited:

VonMudra

It would be a thoroughly dumbed down map though. You'd have a gigantic area representing basically 1/4 of an entire nation. You'd be having to split teams across the entire map to cover everything.

Much easier, and MUCH better for gameplay to, if we were to get to do Market Garden, to represent snippets of the battles. Doing one giant map for market garden would be the equivalent of us doing one single map for Normandy.

drummer93

are you consuming some kind of *****? xD

litchu

Did someone say Operation Market Garden?? I'm in!!!!

One map for all this might be a little bit big indeed, although I do get where you are comming from. It might be better to have small maps, but you have to play them in sequence. First you land on the heath and clear it, then advance through a small town, then some urban game play and in the end fight for the bridge. All separate maps, but once you finished one you have to play the next one to win the whole "mission". You could have multiple missions like Arnhem and Nijmegen

FlyingR

Maybe it's because I've played WWIIO or watched lots of Arma 3 videos where the maps are very very big. The reason why I would like big maps it's to see how teamwork cooperation would work, in which if it does, it would be truly fantastic.

Anyways, what if you focused on the Arnhem area, the 1st Airborne division would spawn where it did spawn in real life and and the XXX Corps would spawn in Elst or something like that? It would of course be scaled down to fit like in 4x4km or something similar.

I do like what [MENTION=938]litchu[/MENTION] mentioned, maybe also have the XXX Corps following the towns, as in they would spawn far and would have to help relieve each airborne division all the way until Arnhem. Would be cool if that in the first town that we would be fighting, the Allies lose, then switch map and not continue the Operation MG maps.:D

Sydd

I think its much better to do it in "phases" Kinda like how Battlefield 1 has that new gamemode. So you have one "theatre" and you keep progressing from one map to another every time you win or lose. (Hi btw :p )

Aniallator

Hello there [MENTION=2672]Sydd[/MENTION] :D

Considering the historical accuracy of each map, one of that scale is totally infeasible; the amount of research alone would take time, then a momentous number of new and unique assets would have to be created, etc. I would love to see a map of that scale, it just wouldn't work unless you were willing to wait a few years.

Sydd

Yep. That's very true. However, that's if we take the entire scale of the map like WWII OL does. But that's not what I meant. Instead, lets say, the initial attacks carried on by the paras, where was the next major battle between them? If I'm not mistaken I believe there was an SS battalion that fought the Brits and Canadians right after this, right? So it proceeds to that map, when they make it. Besides, I'm fairly certain they plan on implementing major battlefields (not the small ones ) anyways, so.. if they can "bundle" campaigns like this with perhaps different times of day etc etc... It could be so much fun. Exactly like how battlefield 1 did it, except this will be more realistic.

Aniallator

Yep. That's very true. However, that's if we take the entire scale of the map like WWII OL does. But that's not what I meant. Instead, lets say, the initial attacks carried on by the paras, where was the next major battle between them? If I'm not mistaken I believe there was an SS battalion that fought the Brits and Canadians right after this, right? So it proceeds to that map, when they make it. Besides, I'm fairly certain they plan on implementing major battlefields (not the small ones ) anyways, so.. if they can "bundle" campaigns like this with perhaps different times of day etc etc... It could be so much fun. Exactly like how battlefield 1 did it, except this will be more realistic.

So basically, basing map rotation on the chronology of battles? Throw some voice acting into that, and you have BF1's Operations gamemode. Sounds good to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.