• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

other languages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

I would volunteer to translate into my language (Slovene) which is *cough* *cough* not to brag or anything, but it is one of hardest languages to speak ;)

mmiedzianyy

I would volunteer to translate into my language (Slovene) which is *cough* *cough* not to brag or anything, but it is one of hardest languages to speak ;)
Be honest, all slavic languages are hard.. Its a controversial issue which is the most.

LazMan12

Yes, they are quite hard, for someone who isn't fluent in any of them. But if you speak one, then it's much easier, especially when they are of the same subgroup- Western, Eastern or South Slavic. I mostly understand and speak a bit of Serbian and Russian(without having studied them officially) but Slovene, Polish, Czech are harder for me xD

mmiedzianyy

Yes, they are quite hard, for someone who isn't fluent in any of them. But if you speak one, then it's much easier, especially when they are of the same subgroup- Western, Eastern or South Slavic. I mostly understand and speak a bit of Serbian and Russian(without having studied them officially) but Slovene, Polish, Czech are harder for me xD
Compare them to french/english/german. Slavic are way to complicated. Grammar is harder and all this irregulars to learn. Not mentioning numerals.
It obvious that some languages are similar to each other in the same subgroups but there is no comprassion between german/english and czech/polish. Thats my opinion of course.

Simon

Compare them to french/english/german. Slavic are way to complicated. Grammar is harder and all this irregulars to learn. Not mentioning numerals.
It obvious that some languages are similar to each other in the same subgroups but there is no comprassion between german/english and czech/polish. Thats my opinion of course.

If I can be honest, Slovene classes are most boring for me :p

Simon

Yea, even that Slovene is South Slavic, I can only understand Slovene (my first language) and Croatian from that group. But I do understand Czech quite well :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.