• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Paratrooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxigebr

My grandfather Whas a paratrooper in WW2 and i want to play as one! paratroopers can jump from behind enemy lines and ambush them! this would be a good strategy if the Paratrooper knows how to play the enemies will enemies will have to defend for both sides! sorry for my english i am from brazil!

I liked how in the original Day of Defeat there was the 101st airborne and German paratroopers. Would be nice to see them in future expansions.

VonMudra

Paratroopers will eventually be in the game for specific maps in which they fought. If we have a jump map, it will be implemented but that is far off down the road. That said, we will not just have paratroopers in every map, and only specific maps covering June 6th paradrops would actually have jumps. Plus, since the Germans conducted zero paradrops in Normandy, that is right out, though we do eventually want to implement the FJ when we get to the american sector, and have the time and resources to properly implement them with their rather unique uniforms and gear.

William

Paratroopers will eventually be in the game for specific maps in which they fought. If we have a jump map, it will be implemented but that is far off down the road. That said, we will not just have paratroopers in every map, and only specific maps covering June 6th paradrops would actually have jumps. Plus, since the Germans conducted zero paradrops in Normandy, that is right out, though we do eventually want to implement the FJ when we get to the american sector, and have the time and resources to properly implement them with their rather unique uniforms and gear.
I Can't Wait for the Game :D but i have to and I smelling this GAME IS GONNA ROCK

Last edited:

oxigebr

The game is so early, creating ideas will greatly help both future expansions both armies with new types of soldiers if you take into account all the people that give ideas of the game will stay the way that everyone wants to play!

biohazard

hey guys if there will be (paratroopers) in the game that will be very nice, but lets dont forget that we really want, the soldiers, to spawn in the plane, just like moh, airborne to be more, realistic while you, jump in the battlefield, thats gonna be, intense. xD

Last edited:

Sydd

If Germans didn't conduct landings how the heck were they found in Normandy and other areas? I am confused...

VonMudra

If Germans didn't conduct landings how the heck were they found in Normandy and other areas? I am confused...

Well, for starters, para divisions don't just have to be moved to a place by air. :p They do have feet, and can ride trains, after all. ;)

The German para divisions in the Normandy campaign had already been deployed there (by train/vehicle/feet, not by air) before the landings took place. The Germans used France as a huge training area, so these divisions were forming and training there awhile before JUne of 1944.

Of note, the few German paradrops after Crete were, in order, a small landing in Tunisia in 1943 with mixed success, a small paradrop in Sicily in 1943 with some success in their objectives, a somewhat major (regimental sized) operation in the Grecian Islands (most notably, Leros) in 1943, in what was the last major German operational victory of WW2, and a very small para operation by 6th FJ (independent of the Brandenburger Commando drop) during the Battle of the Bulge that was a complete debacle.

biohazard

hi folks would be nice to see paratrooper in the game, l will enjoy every moment in the game, but it sure won't be in this chapter, l doubt that still need some hard work to get up there l will illustrate, to you a picture with an, model from cod 3 l dint play, the game hate the, thing that is it on console but the game really have some nice models characters that look, authentic something similar would be good love the camo on this one:D also many of them, used to have decals, on their helmets so as the wehrmacht.call_of_duty_3_fallschirmjager__download__by_luxox18-d814e15.jpg

Last edited:

Aniallator

hi folks would be nice to see paratrooper in the game, l will enjoy every moment in the game, but it sure won't be in this chapter, l doubt that still need some hard work to get up there l will illustrate, to you a picture with an, model from cod 3 l dint play, the game hate the, thing that is it on console but the game really have some nice models characters that look, authentic something similar would be good love the camo on this one:D also many of them, used to have decals, on their helmets so as the wehrmacht.

Of course TW will feature paratroopers ;) Not quite sure when we'll see them, but needless to say there will be maps that necessitate their implementation. As for the Fallschirmjäger in particular, the devs have mentioned that we will hopefully see them if and when the US sector of Normandy is implemented.

VonMudra

Their paramodel actually isn't too good- we'll do way better when and if we actually get to the US side of Normandy, where the FJ actually fought. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.