• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Project Reality Moving to the CryENGINE 3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

I just found this! Project Reality is moving to the CryENGINE 3, which will be named to "Project Reality 2". :)

Plans are to make it a standalone and free to play.

Most Q&A:
"When will the internal testing begin"? ---> Only a few months away

"Is it going to be free"? ---> Absolutely and a standalone, so you do not have to install BF2, patch it etc..

"How big will the maps be"? ----> About the same size as regular BF2|PR maps (1-2 km)

Full article
Update Project Reality 2 Game Announced! - Project Reality Forums

Some screens

Sir Apple

Yeah I saw this awhile ago actually :)

Looks like Project Realty will continue to bring the modern realism and Traction Wars will bring the WW2 :)

Roughbeak

It's amazing though really (especially PR going to the better engine), what would we do without the CryENGINE 3. xD

I hate to downgrade, but TW just seems "better quality level" than Festung Europa. :D

*Btw... That Makarov is probably the best model I have seen! :)

Sir Apple

I think a good selling point is being 100% free to play, just download/install and play. A free game (and I mean totally free) that has a high reach for maintaining and pushing the content quality and gameplay experience is very appealing to the general gaming audience :)

Plus I get to make cool things :p

William

Oh hey btw i am waiting for Mg42 vid from Tw to see how it works ... since i wanted to kill Rough in tw in future ;)

chad509

What a shame i was really hoping chuc would be doing the PR2 1p animations. They are not bad but chucs animation had a great sense of beefiness to it. But still not bad. :)

chad509

Well they currently already have a animator and I'm all tied up with my projects right now. The new animations work for PR2 but I still love the old PR ones. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.