• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

PROJECT REALITY WORLD WAR 2 WEEKEND OPEN FROM 20th TO 22nd OF MAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

Today and maybe tomorrow there will be PR:WWII in honor of D-Day.

Community BF2 Event 6th june D-day WW2 beta event hosted by based - Project Reality Forums

Apparently there is a new server that plays PR:WWII as well:

Server Name: Decant Project Reality Community [EU]
Server Size: 100
Server Location: Ukraine
Map Rotation: Random; no mapvotes
Server Admin(s): FrenklinHaxor , ADiii , ADI
Smart Balance: Enabled
Battlerecorder: Enabled
Ban list: Yes
Team Kill Auto Kick/Ban: No
Squadless Kick: Enabled
Reserved Slots: 0
High Ping Kick: Disabled
Ban Appeals Forum Link:Just a moment please...
TeamSpeak/Ventrillo/Mumble Server: 185.61.138.205
Admin skype/Xfire/contact: alienware211
Server Website: Just a moment please...
Microphone required: Yes
Squad Creation time: No squads before 2:00 min.

Damn it! I have on-and-off decent internet right now, but I won't have enough time to download PR/PR:WW2 tonight and I'm losing it tomorrow! The gods hate me, if only I'd known about this yesterday! I can't access the hard drive on my in-need-of-fixing good computer to copy PR/PR:WW2 off, either :(

FlyingR

**** i missed it, i didnt expect a new comunity reunion so soon!!!

There are new servers on that are playing PR:WWII. ATM there are 2 Chinese server and a dutch one (they are all empty though). Check it on the weekend, they will be full for sure.

To make it easier for all of you:
Project Reality: PRSPY

Click where it says "Map Name" to order it alphabetically, then look for the 3 WWII maps:
Carentan
Merville
Omaha Beach

B.Kavanagh

My reaction to PR:WW2
[video=youtube;HA1mbZ_MMh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8[/video]

No but really. I need it, personally and a few of my friends agree that PR:WW2 was the funnest and best multiplayer shooter experience we've ever had. World war two just works, it is so balanced and relies just on the cooperation of the team and the individual skill of the officers and soldiers.

Aniallator

No but really. I need it, personally and a few of my friends agree that PR:WW2 was the funnest and best multiplayer shooter experience we've ever had. World war two just works, it is so balanced and relies just on the cooperation of the team and the individual skill of the officers and soldiers.

It does, and I think it portrays WW2 really well!

BTW, was PR:WW2 getting integrated into PR in 1.4? I seem to recall hearing something along those lines.

FlyingR

It does, and I think it portrays WW2 really well!

BTW, was PR:WW2 getting integrated into PR in 1.4? I seem to recall hearing something along those lines.

Yes PR:WWII is getting incorporated with 1.4 as well as the Polish Faction in PR :D

Flare

Vanguard Backer
What is everyone's opinion on FH2 vs PR WW2? I haven't played PR, what are the main differences and which one is better in your opinion?

Aniallator

What is everyone's opinion on FH2 vs PR WW2? I haven't played PR, what are the main differences and which one is better in your opinion?

I think it's a total tradeoff, because while FH2 looks better (even though it runs on the same BF2 engine) and has far, far more content (factions, maps, et cetera), actual gameplay is kind of ruined by having no emphasis on teamwork, and being rather arcadey (the killfeed, for example). While PR:WW2 is lacking in terms of content, it - like PR - has amazing teamwork-centered gameplay, and IMO has better weapon sounds and animations. While PR usually has a number of well-populated servers PR:WW2 is always empty, however that will change with the upcoming 1.4 update that integrates PR:WW2 into PR, as right now it's treated as a separate game. If I were asked which I enjoyed playing more, though? I'd have to say PR:WW2.

AfterDune

PR:WW2 won't be on 1.4, that's Falklands (next to the usual fixes and stuff), so should be in an update after 1.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.