• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Queensland Bikie Laws

What do you think these laws are?

• Harmless, they need to be stricter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good enough for now

• A little too strickt

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevetos

Queensland got itself a new set of laws - The bikie laws.

They say: 'We've drawn the line on criminal bikie gangs'

How they limit bikie activities in the community:
- People from bikie gangs are not allowed to work in/own a tattoo business.
- Bikies showing their club colors/logos are not allowed to be in any restaurant/bar that serves alcohol.

Some new offences created:
- There can never be 3 or more bikie members together at any given time in any public place
- Recruiting new members, that's illegal.
- Its illegal to be at the own clubhouse, you will be arrested if found there.

What the police gets:
- The police gets extra impounding powers
- If one of the new bikie offences was committed together with a motorcycle, this bike will be impounded & crushed.
- You have the right to remain silent. Unless you belong to a motorcycle gang.
- You have the right to privacy (i.e. searches). Unless you belong to a motorcycle gang.

Here is their ad (with my edits in brackets ;)) :

"Tough new bikie laws for a safer Queensland (Police Service)
Queensland's (extremely) tough new laws target illegal (and legal, both the same under the law) activities of criminal bikie gangs, not law-abiding bike riders. These laws protect all Queenslanders (with the exception of bikie gang members) and our lifestyle (except riding bikes and joining clubs). We are targeting these gangs and their involvement in drug*s, violence and intimidation (as well as riding bikes and being together in clubs). This is the end of the line for criminal gangs (and non criminal gangs, again, same thing under the eyes of the law)."

(This was put in action at 3am in Queensland)

What do you guys think about this?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Sounds all very strange to me but I'm sitting a good few thousand miles away so I have no clue as to the context. Bikie yourself Nevetos?

As a random aside "Bikie" in the UK is a child's might call their bicycle. We call motorcyclist groups "Bikers".

Nevetos

Sounds all very strange to me but I'm sitting a good few thousand miles away so I have no clue as to the context. Bikie yourself Nevetos?

As a random aside "Bikie" in the UK is a child's might call their bicycle. We call motorcyclist groups "Bikers".

No I'm not a bikie but its a bit concerning on how easily they passed through the courts (not a single opposing vote), imagine what they could do with other groups, i.e. teens that keep stealing cars etc. And just the fact that it isn't even supporting the basic human rights :/ big debate going on about that as well :rolleyes:.
For us 'Bikers' means people riding bicycles... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.