• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Quote Game II

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
In mourning of the old Quote Game thread I decided to create a new one :)

The Rules:

1. Quote must be reasonable for others to know.
  2. If no-one has guessed correctly in 24 hours you may use a search engine.
  3. If no-one has guessed correctly in 36 hours someone else can post a new one.
  4. If you are 100% certain you are correct you may post the next quote before receiving acknowledgement. Please double check though!
  5. Quotes may be from any medium - however please state where its from to avoid confusion. E.g. Famous Person, TV/Movie, Theatre
There's no prize for winning apart from an inflated ego although there might be a ribbon sometime ;)

To kick off:

TV/Movie

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well, who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the f--k do you think you're talkin' to?"

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I love this game so I'm just going to go ahead and resurrect it again

Cookie for first to get this one:

Book by British Author - originates from the Roman phrase

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes "

AG3D

Well I don't who said that but i know what it means...

Is it: Who is watching the watcher. or something like that?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Not quite although you are right - a psydo-translation would be "Who guards the guards"

Initials of the Author are TP

AG3D

he said Pratchet. well he doesn't know the first name. so with T, it could be Tom or anything else.
am I right?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Terry Pratchett so yeah you get the cookie ;)

Fancy doing your own quote?

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
1. Quote must be reasonable for others to know.

Maybe it's reasonable for university students but think about us poor college students without latin and lecture :p

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Fair point however it's a well known phrase in some parts ;) - I'll lower the tone in the future though.

Fuchs

Vanguard Backer
Yes.. Then again, nationality comes in too. I only vaguely know Pratchett's name but maybe it's mandatory for every British person to learn something about him, I don't know. I could bring up a quote of a Dutch prime minister every Dutch person would know but nobody here would even know, or even know his name :p

AG3D

First, it's was my turn! lol.

and the answer is Morpheus on the rooftop of the training program for the jump test.

well I remeber he said that to Neo before he jumps himself.

AG3D

SO if I won the last two...

here is my quote:

TV/MOVIE

It's not hip-hop, it's electro ...PRICK!

everybody should know this.

EDIT: Sorry if the last word is swearing, but it was not my words....

Status
Not open for further replies.