• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Realistic suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughbeak

Yeah, I think there has to be some blur around the scope, just to set some focus in your mind of what you're aiming at.

Last edited:

Aniallator

+1 to both of those. We know TW will have some stellar blur effects, like when you sight down a weapon there's blur to emphasize that your eyes are focused down the sight (see the M1A1 Thompson showcase for an example). IMO, blur effects are one of the most crucial, most underrated visual effects in FPS games, so I'm glad to see TW taking a lead on them!

@drummer93 yeah, scopes should definitely appear larger than in H&G; again, the RL photo there is a great example.

Killen

+1 to both of those. We know TW will have some stellar blur effects, like when you sight down a weapon there's blur to emphasize that your eyes are focused down the sight (see the M1A1 Thompson showcase for an example). IMO, blur effects are one of the most crucial, most underrated visual effects in FPS games, so I'm glad to see TW taking a lead on them!

@drummer93 yeah, scopes should definitely appear larger than in H&G; again, the RL photo there is a great example.

i don't like blur because it makes me feel dizzy... in italy i would say "il blur smarmella la visuale"

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
A minor UI suggestion for [MENTION=195]hannibaldinski[/MENTION]. I've found that Squad has a very handy and timesaving, yet subtle feature; grid letters/numbers are situated over the middle of their column or row...

... rather than next to the border of their column or row.

It makes finding grid coordinants faster to a surprising degree.

Thanks Anni. Though youre confusing the spawn menu with the ingame map. We designed it so it is less usefull for navigation to promote the ingame map usage which is much easier to read. But weve not shown it yet :)

Aniallator

I'm sure you guys have considered Bangalore torpedoes, but what's your opinion on them? Are they something you'd like to implement further down the line, when we have engineers (seeing as they won't be in Overlord) and when beach maps make an appearance? I know they were used to destroy barbed wire during the assault on Merville battery, for example.

Last edited:

retfarcimak

I love the ideas you mentioned. ^^ My only problem is with the gun terminology you used for the thompson. The thompson does not use a clip, it uses a detachable magazine. Does it matter? Most of the time, no... But this is a WW2 game that uses clips.

I know that it is only a roadmark at this point, but japan could have something such as a type 11 which would fit in with that terminology, but, even better, would also be even better for sequencing the weapons. Say you've just started reloading, you put in 1, then 2 clips, then switch to your side arm to defend yourself, then switch back. Instead of going 1 then 2 again, you go 3, 4, 5, then finally the 6th. It could even include closing the cover on the hopper as part of the sequence as an extra step for realism.

retfarcimak

Alright, thanks, I'll check it out... Though that's where I actually first saw this thing. XD You probably already know what it is, but it's the G41(Mauser) autoloading/bolt action frankenstein rifle.

Flare

Vanguard Backer
Alright, thanks, I'll check it out... Though that's where I actually first saw this thing. XD You probably already know what it is, but it's the G41(Mauser) autoloading/bolt action frankenstein rifle.

As far as I know some of the most complicated weapons are these:

The Mexican Mondragon 1908 - one of the first standard issue self loading rifles. Very complicated, some ended up in the German air force in WWI, they were not reliable enough to use in the trenches.

The (much more modern) Russian An-94 - with a really complex two round burst action that fires two shots at 1200 RPM and "stores" the recoil so the shooter only feels it after both the rounds have left the gun letting the shooter fire two shots really accurately. The other cool thing is if you shoot it on full auto, the first two shots are at 1200RPM with the recoil on the second shot, but all the rest of your shots in the burst come out at 600RPM for more controllable shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.