• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Realistic suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydd

Fun fact- the Mosin Nagant was actually zeroed in factory with the bayonet fixed, making it technically MORE accurate with the bayonet on.

But.. but.. In Band Of Brothers I remember Bull says, when one of his guys puts a bayonet on... "Won't be able to shoot as straight with that thing on." So I assumed... :|

VonMudra

Band of Brothers =/= real life. I've actually met real Easy Company vets who actually found a lot of problems with the series themselves, to the point of disdain for it.

drummer93

it's possible that the bayonets not affect at the same way all the rifles, because it depends on the mass of the rifle, the mass of the bayonet, the position of the bayonet, etc. I mean, I can bet that the bayonets change the point of impact, and it not means that the bayonet make the rifle less accurate, just change the point of impact. Maybe someone here can make a test at long range, maybe 150-200 yards with and without bayonet, it could be interesting. Anyway, the advice made by Bull in Band of Brothers is very exaggerated. Theorically (or hypothetically) bayonets affect the POI only at long range

VonMudra

I've actually read a test report that was published in some gun magazine where they did the M1 Garand, Enfield, K98k, and Mosin, all at 300 and 600 yards with and without bayonet. There was statistically negligible effect to all but the Mosin, which improved in accuracy at range (again, the Mosins were zeroed to expect a bayonet to be fixed).

drummer93

mmmm interesting. I read about some tests that affect the point of impact for about 10 inches. I never paid attention to this topic and I'm not an expert, but physically had sense to me. So, can we say that is a complete myth?

VonMudra

Basically yeah, we can call it a myth. The only thing I can think of is that, prolonged wise, it would be more tiresome to hold the rifle steady with the bayonet fixed thanks to the extra weight, but that would take time, and the accuracy decrease would not be caused by the bayonet itself, but the soldier getting tired. That said, most rifles that I have handled seem to be very well balanced even with the bayonet fixed.

[Volk]Kriegsmann

Vanguard Friend
Something that I would like to see implemented, would be the chance for players to actively camouflage themselves, things like cutting grass to put on your helmets, or even Germans using their zeltbahn sections as ponchos. Obviously to do this it should require some time, though of course it could vary depending on how much time the player puts into it. Something like 5-10 seconds to do a few loose branches or tufts of grass, to the upwards of 30-45 to put on a poncho. Sorry if this has been suggested before!

Aniallator

Something that I would like to see implemented, would be the chance for players to actively camouflage themselves, things like cutting grass to put on your helmets, or even Germans using their zeltbahn sections as ponchos. Obviously to do this it should require some time, though of course it could vary depending on how much time the player puts into it. Something like 5-10 seconds to do a few loose branches or tufts of grass, to the upwards of 30-45 to put on a poncho. Sorry if this has been suggested before!

Interesting idea, though doesn't this seem like something more fit for Arma than a game like TW? Though it's historically accurate and realistic, TW isn't a simulation, and imagine the effort required to make a 10 second animation, let alone a 40 second one. Not trying to shoot down your suggestion here, I'm just not sure it fits.

FlyingR

Too complicated, I would prefer for them to spend their time and efforts into something else rather than having cammo, but first of all, finish the game!!!!!!

FlyingR

Quick question, in order to look at the sights and aim, will you have to hold down right click or just click it?

mmiedzianyy

I think that player should be allowed to choose how. In PR/FH one annoying thing(for me) of gameplay is that you have to click to aim, not hold.. Im used to holding the button..

Aniallator

I think that player should be allowed to choose how. In PR/FH one annoying thing(for me) of gameplay is that you have to click to aim, not hold.. Im used to holding the button..

+1

Would love to see generous key customization options.

@VonMudra or anyone who knows... IRL, do Panzerfausts have any form of backblast effect like you find in contemporary rocket launchers?

Last edited:

FlyingR

Yep I was looking for this answer but what's the most realistic answer coming from the devs? :p

It would be cool if it was simple just click a switch or something to choose from either holding or clicking. I would prefer holding though.

VonMudra

Yes, the faust had backblast, but not in the same way as a rocket launcher. It was actually firing two separate charges- a main charge to fire the shell, and a secondary charge that fired down the back of the tube in order to cancel out the recoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.