• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Realistic suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQPD

No K/D Ratio. None of that.
Bullet fragmentation, like in real life. If the bullet goes through too hard an object, the jacket strips off and it does very little damage. If it hits a body part that is thin, the bullet will go straight through and not kill. If it hits a thicker part of the body, the bullet fragments inside of the body and kills the target.

Aniallator

Sorry for replying late [MENTION=1448]SQPD[/MENTION], but good suggestions! No K/D ratio of course, no killfeed, none of that stuff. I'm not sure how advanced ballistics are in CRYENGINE, but I imagine you can expect some proper ballistic features at the least.

Sydd

Sorry for replying late @SQPD, but good suggestions! No K/D ratio of course, no killfeed, none of that stuff. I'm not sure how advanced ballistics are in CRYENGINE, but I imagine you can expect some proper ballistic features at the least.
Well.. we do know that there's bleeding effect so its safe to assume that it would be close to realistic, if its that advanced... insta jizz.

Killen

I would really like to see shrapnels like in iron front liberation (arma in ww2)!
Did i already say that?

Killen

Oh, you can actually see it?! Is that even realistic?

If it passes near your head, you should see it, right?
I remember, some years ago, i made a bottle of glass explode with a zeus, and a chunk of glass flew near my left cheek!
Okay i was dumb, but the point is that i saw it!
Maybe HE grenade's shrapnels are tinier, i don't know.

I would like to see them if they pass near me :)

Last edited:

Aniallator

I remember, some years ago, i made a bottle of glass explode with a zeus, and a chunk of glass flew near my left cheek!

I would like to see them of they pass near me :)

A zeus?

Sydd

I would like to see them of they pass near me :)

Well damn...
But idk man shrapnel that you can see.. I'm not sure if its realistic I mean unless its a friggin 105mm HE shell exploding close to ya..

Aniallator

Three suggestions for you consideration...

1) When you're dead, you can't speak, but you can still hear your section mates speaking. Thus, until you respawn, your still living section mates really get the idea that you've "died", but because you can hear them talking, your section leader can still tell you where to spawn and whatnot.

2) Leaning while prone. Not sure about this idea, but perhaps? What do you guys think?

3) Brief delay between stances. I've found that some games lengthen the delay between stances too far, and it results in a slow, clunky feeling. IRL, if you're standing and need to go prone if your life depends on it, you're going to drop pretty damn fast!

Killen

1) When you're dead, you can't speak, but you can still hear your section mates speaking. Thus, until you respawn, your still living section mates really get the idea that you've "died", but because you can hear them talking, your section leader can still tell you where to spawn and whatnot.

2) Leaning while prone. Not sure about this idea, but perhaps? What do you guys think?

3) Brief delay between stances. I've found that some games lengthen the delay between stances too far, and it results in a slow, clunky feeling. IRL, if you're standing and need to go prone if your life depends on it, you're going to drop pretty damn fast!

Yes, PR lacks in point 3

Sydd

Wow. Yeah that would be nice, although I would like to add a few things...

1. Bunny hopping, this is a very notorious act where someone spams the jump button to constantly jump around like a bunny to prevent being shot at easily, a way to fix this would be by delaying the time between when you can jump again.
2. "Dive to prone" This is when you are sprinting and you suddenly spot a sniper in a distance and you know you are going to lose your head if you dont do something fast, you notice a rock in front of you, so you run to it and press the prone button to directly dive into prone stance. I am not sure how realistic it is but I can't tell you how many times this has saved me from getting spotted by helos, tanks, snipers, you name it in battlefield 4.
3. An option to fix a bayonet on the rifles and to remove it if its not needed. (Is that possible?) I mean in real life people hated it cause it disrupted the aim right?

Ani could you explain what you mean by leaning in prone? I don't quite understand :|

Aniallator

Wow. Yeah that would be nice, although I would like to add a few things...

1. Bunny hopping, this is a very notorious act where someone spams the jump button to constantly jump around like a bunny to prevent being shot at easily, a way to fix this would be by delaying the time between when you can jump again.

Yes! When you jump, there needs to be a several second delay before you can jump again. I don't think jumping should impact your stamina, though.

2. "Dive to prone" This is when you are sprinting and you suddenly spot a sniper in a distance and you know you are going to lose your head if you dont do something fast, you notice a rock in front of you, so you run to it and press the prone button to directly dive into prone stance. I am not sure how realistic it is but I can't tell you how many times this has saved me from getting spotted by helos, tanks, snipers, you name it in battlefield 4.

+1

3. An option to fix a bayonet on the rifles and to remove it if its not needed. (Is that possible?) I mean in real life people hated it cause it disrupted the aim right?

Yes, we'll have this :D Also, bayonets have no effect on your weapon's accuracy, that's just a common misconception.

Ani could you explain what you mean by leaning in prone? I don't quite understand :|

You can do it in Arma. Basically, you're just lying prone but leaned over on one shoulder. It's not intended for reducing your visibility to others, but rather to quickly lean out of cover to engage close enemies. Might sound kind of pointless, but I use it all the time in Arma.

VonMudra

Fun fact- the Mosin Nagant was actually zeroed in factory with the bayonet fixed, making it technically MORE accurate with the bayonet on.

Status
Not open for further replies.