• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Realistic suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

So excited :D I have been checking for it, shall we say... routinely.

One more thing... unlike the lightweight Bren, you naturally shouldn't be able to ironsight your MG 34 or MG 42 unless it's deployed on its bipod. However, I still think we ought to be able to shoot from more than the hip when undeployed. I'm suggesting that when undeployed, you can hold RMB, but rather than looking down the ironsight of your MG 34 or 42 as you would when deployed, you simply raise the weapon a bit so you're holding it somewhere between hipfire and ironsights; you are thus a tiny bit more accurate and have more control. It's realistic, useful, and I'm not sure it's been done in a game.

VonMudra

Have you ever tried reloading a bolt action rifle while running, from ammo pouches? It's basically impossible. You have to open the bolt, undo the pouch, pull out a fresh clip, insert the clip into the guides on the reciever, push it down, make sure they all push in and don't jam up, then close the bolt. It's kinda a pain in the ass and the actually pushing in of a fresh clip can easily be gummed up by just a bit of sand/dirt in the clip spring, forcing you to have to really shove hard or even strip off the last couple rounds and insert them manually. We won't be including THAT fun part, but reloading whilst full tilt running would be a real life nightmare.

British para uniforms are unique for a lot more than their helmets <cough>DENISON<cough>

And bullets don't make a sound when incoming when they're supersonic. That, indeed, means they're traveling faster than the sound waves they produce. Instead, what you hear are loud cracks from the breaking the sound barrier around you, then a high pitched whine as they go past and behind you.

Aniallator

Have you ever tried reloading a bolt action rifle while running, from ammo pouches? It's basically impossible. You have to open the bolt, undo the pouch, pull out a fresh clip, insert the clip into the guides on the reciever, push it down, make sure they all push in and don't jam up, then close the bolt. It's kinda a pain in the ass and the actually pushing in of a fresh clip can easily be gummed up by just a bit of sand/dirt in the clip spring, forcing you to have to really shove hard or even strip off the last couple rounds and insert them manually. We won't be including THAT fun part, but reloading whilst full tilt running would be a real life nightmare.

Oh, you don't actually run in a running reload, it's more of a slow jog. Reloading while actually sprinting is near impossible.

And it's now 12:01 AM of the 29th here... where's the update?

Aniallator

Will there be realistic stamina usage and regeneration? For example, you'd use more stamina when moving crouched as opposed to when moving standing, and more stamina when moving prone as opposed to when moving crouched. For stamina regen, just reverse that; you regen faster when crouched than when standing, and you regen faster when prone then when crouched.

drummer93

Will there be realistic stamina usage and regeneration? For example, you'd use more stamina when moving crouched as opposed to when moving standing, and more stamina when moving prone as opposed to when moving crouched. For stamina regen, just reverse that; you regen faster when crouched than when standing, and you regen faster when prone then when crouched.

I wanna add. The weight of the equipment will affect directly the stamina? I mean, a soldier with a light machine gun will consume more stamina than a soldier with SMG?

FlyingR

I want to add that a soldier carrying an MG/AT should run slower than a person running with a pistol/knife, right?

Aniallator

I want to add that a soldier carrying an MG/AT should run slower than a person running with a pistol/knife, right?

Well in Verdun, for example, you can't run when you have an LMG equipped; but the system defeats itself, because you can just switch to your sidearm, run to wherever, then switch back to the LMG. In TW, how fast your stamina drains and regenerates needs to depend on what weapons you have, not just the one you have equipped. Not sure if that's what you're saying, just wanted to put it out there :)

FlyingR

Well in Verdun, for example, you can't run when you have an LMG equipped; but the system defeats itself, because you can just switch to your sidearm, run to wherever, then switch back to the LMG. In TW, how fast your stamina drains and regenerates needs to depend on what weapons you have, not just the one you have equipped. Not sure if that's what you're saying, just wanted to put it out there :)

They are 2 different things. One is the stamina and the other is the speed. I agree with your point where the heavier the equipment, the faster the stamina drains. What I'm saying is that if you run with an MG or AT, you're obviously going to run slower than someone holding a knife or a handgun.

What TW should do is that if there are 2 soldiers that are going to run, one equipped with LMG and the other let's say with an MP40, the guy with the SMG should run faster and farther than the one carrying the LMG. But if there are 2 soldiers with the same class, and one has a knife whereas the other the main gun, the guy with the knife should run faster.

Like you say, maybe switching the weapons should be done realistically, where the time for switching should be different for each weapon (grabbing a grenade might be faster than grabbing the main weapon). This could balance from running with a knife and quickly switching to the main weapon, just like you mentioned.

Aniallator

Will there be selective fire in TW for, say, the MG 34? So you press a key to change between semi-automatic and automatic fire? Even H&G has selective fire now, please tell me it'll be in TW!

mmiedzianyy

Also, when we shoot the bullet from gun our person will moves due to pressure ;O
What do you mean?
Recoil, as Ani asked?
Will there be selective fire in TW for, say, the MG 34? So you press a key to change between semi-automatic and automatic fire? Even H&G has selective fire now, please tell me it'll be in TW!
It should be implemented! TW is realistic game so i belive it will be available in game!

Status
Not open for further replies.