• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Realistic suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydd

She probably means recoil... fits the description perfectly.

Also, we all know that guns such as the Enfield and the Garand had shells grouped together with a clip right? Not so sure about the enfield but I know its on the garand. My question is, how will the reload system work on the garand? Do you have to fire all 8 shells and then reload? Or can you reload at given time?

drummer93

She probably means recoil... fits the description perfectly.

Also, we all know that guns such as the Enfield and the Garand had shells grouped together with a clip right? Not so sure about the enfield but I know its on the garand. My question is, how will the reload system work on the garand? Do you have to fire all 8 shells and then reload? Or can you reload at given time?

you can reload it, but you have to pull back the slide and then remove the clip (and you lose a not used bullet in the process). It is really uncomfortable in a combat situation

------------------------
minute 2:16

Last edited:

Aniallator

[MENTION=2672]Sydd[/MENTION] the Lee-Enfield uses two five-round stripper clips, where the Garand uses a single eight-round en bloc clip.

Aniallator

I'm not sure what you guys have for explosion effects at the moment, but I'd recommend seeing what Squad does. In Squad, an explosion realistically sends particles of dirt all over the place. Plus, they look way cooler :)

Last edited:

FlyingR

I'm not sure what you guys have for explosion effects at the moment, but I'd recommend seeing what Squad does. In Squad, an explosion realistically sends particles of dirt all over the place. Plus, they look way cooler :)

They are currently looking for a particle artist, hopefully they will find someone soon. It's very important!

As for Squad, the particle explosion for the RPGs are unbelievable!

Aniallator

IMO what weapons you spawn with need to depend on a percentage chance; so let's say that on X map, K 98s were more common than Lebels. Spawning as a class that uses a bolt-action rifle, you'd have a 70 percent chance of spawning with a K 98, and a 30 percent chance of spawning with a Lebel. If players are allowed to choose what weapon they spawn with, you lose historical accuracy, because players will just choose the best weapon; for example, an MG 42 over an MG 34. In WW2 an infantryman didn't get to choose what weapon he was issued.

Sydd

Double post.... Triple post.... QUADRA post!

*cough* Right, I most certainly agree with Ani's idea here, however, there may be a work around to this.. if you know... too many people are complaining about "rng" determining what type of weapon they get a hold of... I completely agree with Ani's idea here but, if people complain way too much then you can have an option of limiting the number of weapons available, if it runs out then you have to switch to the next weapon in the arsenal. I think this could even work at a later stage for "balancing" the strong german armor at later stages of the war.

mmiedzianyy

Ani, your idea could also prevent from picking up better classes/weapons from players with faster PCs - which is very unrealistic.
This is very common in RO. I don't have this problem now, but few years later it was a huge pain in the ass, so i know what exactly it feels like..

DerJoachim

Ani, your idea could also prevent from picking up better classes/weapons from players with faster PCs - which is very unrealistic.
This is very common in RO. I don't have this problem now, but few years later it was a huge pain in the ass, so i know what exactly it feels like..

Yes, i had this same exact problem.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Yep, forever stuck with basic guns or hunting for less populated servers to have the "fun toys".

Aniallator

Yes, I'm usually forced to play rifleman in RO2. Using this and other ways, hopefully this can be prevented.

The system ought to go for more than just your primary weapon; for example, playing as the Germans on X map, you have a 50 percent chance of getting a P 38, a 30 percent chance of getting a Luger, and a 20 percent chance of getting a Ruby.

Aniallator

Scoped rifles need to have ironsighting, so we can use the ironsight as well as the scope. For example, soon to be in Verdun...

Status
Not open for further replies.