• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Shogun 2 Demo Out Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniche

Level Designer
Pathfinder Games

Here at Steam!

For those who want to test-drive the new Shogun 2 from the Creative Assembly, follow the link at the top.

Maniche

Last edited by a moderator:

VonMudra

Got it the day it came out on my b-day :p Love it, can't wait to get the next installment in total war <3

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
I love the total war series but I can't really see the immediate appeal of a shogan version. Rome, Medieval or Imperial but not Shogan for me - unless for mods or major gameplay advances.

VonMudra

Dude, Shogun was where the total war series got its start, its where I got my start in Total war...if you don't play it, you're not a good person and you should be damned to eternal hell fire incarnate >:[

brrr

TW Developer
Dude, Shogun was where the total war series got its start, its where I got my start in Total war...if you don't play it, you're not a good person and you should be damned to eternal hell fire incarnate >:[

I'm not really in to that historical timeline either. Played the demo and just didn't feel the need or desire to even finish the tutorial or campaign battle on offer. I guess its something about the lack of variety because everyone plays the same nationality.

Also the lack of anti aliasing and optimized graphics doesn't particularly show the game off at its best. They did the same thing with empire, the demo looked like utter **** compared to the final game lol.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games

I can understand the significance of the Shogun I in terms of it's legacy but that period of time just doesn't interest me - I've nothing I can really relate to it being British and interested in the Medieval => Industrial period.

hannibaldinski

TW Developer
I totally love the old Japanese history & culture. Very interesting

I played the demo. Its nice but its not like the first Shogun. Shogun 2 is just to complicated and there are to much options. I miss the simplicity of the first. But the music in Shogun is absolutely brilliant.

Other than that. I'll still gonna buy this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.