• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

solution with future teamkillers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller

In every realstic game (arma,rnl,ro2,etc) there will be teamkillers. but i have an idea to lower amount of teamkillers, i got the idea from Heroes and Generals. so this is how it works; if someone teamkills you will be shown who killed and with what, then you have an option where you can forgive or not to forgive the player who teamkilled you. if you choose to forgive it will not count as a teamkill, but if you dont forgive the palyer that will count as the first warning. once the teamkiller gets more then two warnings he will be kicked or banned, (depending the penalty in the server.) I hope you this gives you an idea how to lower the teamkillers.

Sir Apple

Not a big deal :p How to control trolls in game is a good thing to discuss, as we don't want TW to be ruined with people like that :)

Roughbeak

As a 762 server admins (me :)), yes i do get annoyed by teamkillers, and this solution would help a bit.

Btw.. when TW gets released, will there be a TW server you join, or will there be like, for example, 762 Ranking that puts up their own servers? :)

Kuupperi

That's pretty much how it works in Battlefield 2, for example. However there'll be some people who judge you no matter if it was an accident or not and press punish by instinct. I'm not sure if there'll a scoreboard in TW but I prefer a system which takes some amount of scores away after every teamkill except anti-tank mines and anti-personnel mines.

Troy

Tk's are perfectly fine being on for everything. Limiting it to things like grenades don't tk would be stupid! The only real solution to tkers is to have lots and lots of admins.

volcol

In every realstic game (arma,rnl,ro2,etc) there will be teamkillers. but i have an idea to lower amount of teamkillers, i got the idea from Heroes and Generals. so this is how it works; if someone teamkills you will be shown who killed and with what, then you have an option where you can forgive or not to forgive the player who teamkilled you. if you choose to forgive it will not count as a teamkill, but if you dont forgive the palyer that will count as the first warning. once the teamkiller gets more then two warnings he will be kicked or banned, (depending the penalty in the server.) I hope you this gives you an idea how to lower the teamkillers.

The Original RO had this system - it worked really well. If you get TK'd - on purpose of by accident ... you can type NP or forgive into the chat.

It will not forgive the TK (i.e. they still lost points) however it will cancel out the strike against their name - 3 strikes and you were out if I remember correctly. This way - it still punishes the player - but allows for someone to learn from their mistake. I saw a couple run and gun nuts calm down their fighting style very quickly.

Trolls are another concern - and short of developing a really complicated system of deterring them I think the best and most effective route will always be server admin / vote kicking.

Kuupperi

I'm not sure if you got this right but my point is that you wouldn't get punished for others' mistakes. If someone runs over a planted AT-mine/AP-mine and it happens to be a friendly you are not responsible of that. Of course there is a problem some people might take advantage of this and plant these mines in the friendly territory just to fool around.

Hardly anyone wants to pay someone's mistake and get kicked or banned just because someone is messing things up on the battlefield.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Teamkills/Blue-on-Blue events are all part of the realism. The tricky bit is distinguishing the inadvertent kills from the deliberate ones. Kick votes, strikes and forgiving are all part of the answer but we are also considering "complex" back-end solutions to help deter people from even trying to spoil the game for other people.
[MENTION=1109]Roughbeak[/MENTION] - we'll be hosting our own "official" servers but dedicated community servers will there as well. Not sure about what tools will be available to server admins but will try to make your lives easier wherever possible.

Yes, dealing with deliberate TKers is something that should be adressed. I remember a round on hslan (those were the days...) where a guy murdered my entire squad. I took a screenshot and reported him on the forums. Should ask ajappat what became of that guy. We should have that ability as well, in support of the server admins.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Ah hslan - I enjoyed countless games on that server back in the day.

That sort of behaviour spoils the experience for everyone and doesn't have any justification. No-one is that short sighted! Servers will get the tools they need to eliminate that sort of behaviour.

chad509

I always loved how some games have the anti TKer by when you deal damage to a team mate its inflicted upon you, not the team mate. That way you don't look like an ass for accidently killing a teammate. :)

Sir Apple

I always loved how some games have the anti TKer by when you deal damage to a team mate its inflicted upon you, not the team mate. That way you don't look like an ass for accidently killing a teammate. :)

Yea I agree, its a actually a great method - and makes it impossible for the team killer to get away with it. An alternative (for realistic friendly fire's sake) allow your teammate to take damage, but you take the same amount = he dies, you die.

VonMudra

Problem is, what if it's just artillery TKs, or grenade TKs, or other such accidental TKs. What if they run in front of your MG as you shoot? Basically you'd be punishing the person firing for something that is not their fault. :p

_Franky_

Problem is, what if it's just artillery TKs, or grenade TKs, or other such accidental TKs. What if they run in front of your MG as you shoot? Basically you'd be punishing the person firing for something that is not their fault. :p

I hate it when people run into your line of fire. (6) Really should not get punished for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.