• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Some feedback 5.4.2019

Ray

Vanguard Backer
Morning!

After playing the game for almost 2 hours yesterday, here´s a little feedback from my experience.

- Connecting to a server takes abit too long. If possible, that should be fixed.
- Graphics, still alot of glitches and player animations should be reworked. Playing with NVidia gtx 1060 on lowest graphics setting, the game runs kind of smooth. (but could be better)
- More classes should be added. Medic, Covert Ops, Engineer and maybe Field Ops.
- Respawning should be fixed. Took really long time to respawn. (I want to play, not spectate a game;))
- As spectator, you should have the possability to move more freely in the map. not just along the side of your teammates.
- Some errors was shown in the console, but I guess thats inevitable at this point of Early Access.
- The font size in the chat area is too small. My old eyes can hardly see the text.:ROFLMAO:
- The tips and tricks on the loading screen was nice!

All in all, I was positivly suprised of this game and can say it has potential! Gonna play some more tonight.

Good job devs! :cool:

Vanguard Screenshot 2019.04.05 - 21.14.50.40.pngvanguard 1024x640.pngvanguard2 1024x640.png

Lt Jake Cutter

Vanguard Dedicated Backer
great time with what little i had..!! very stoked at the potential of this game..!!!

was on server usa central...kept crashing..

my game would freeze up once in a while for 30-60 seconds, then id come out of it dead, or far away from my team..

not sure if this is a grafics card issue or the server was having troubles..

grafics were good... font was small,

also..on a team kill...not usre if someone knows they team killed, it dosent really say...so maybe a flash of red and an alrm or alert that you just tked someone.

but..im super excited about the game play and looking forward to future play

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Thanks for the feedback @Lt Jake Cutter.

We are hunting one known server crash which we think we've nailed down this afternoon. We'll roll it out as soon as we are sure it's fixed and stable. Was it on any particular map that it crashed?

That freezing issue sounds horrendous. Could have been the server but most likely a client side graphics issue. If it happens again can you drop me a private message and send us your game.log file from the game root folder? We'll take a look.

Lt Jake Cutter

no, freezing happened across all maps and several times during the map...

crashes happend on usa central server only....

i lost you at, "send us your......" lol

Lt Jake Cutter

im sure this has been adressed but just in case.... can we get a compass on screen so we can call out enemy locations? ;)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Press T to pull up the tactical HUD which has ammo and compass information.

We need to do a better job of explaining things like this to players - you aren’t the first person not to know that exists!

Lt Jake Cutter

ya know...i thought i saw it somewhere..

but,.. in the heat of battle...we dont have time to pull up stats,....its hard enough pressing the right buttons in times of stress as it is..!!! :eek:

..is this something we can have at the top or bottom of screen at all times....?

Lt Jake Cutter

i just think it will help and encourage comms, not only individual play....

not sure if guys are just shy or dont want to talk..but theres hardly any comms at all...

unfortunately i was having difficulty with freeze ups and stuff so it was hard for me...

but from what i have observed so far..theres like 20% comms.....

Screen freezes - are they simply no output while the software closes old processes and starts new? Would a filler bar solve it?
And please change my status to backer. It's only fair.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Screen freezes - are they simply no output while the software closes old processes and starts new? Would a filler bar solve it?
And please change my status to backer. It's only fair.

Have you filled out the backer survey? The badges are automatic based on matching your forum email with the email provided in the backer form.

Lt Jake Cutter

hmmm..i also sometimes get a pop up that says windows launcher has stopped working...

my computer has no problem running other games like war thunder, world of tanks, COD, heros and generals, i have all these set at high grafics levels..

the only other game i have this issue with is post scriptum.....same exact thing happens....except the windows launcher pop up... the game just freezes for a while, then plays for 3 min then freezes for 2...etc etc

Lt Jake Cutter

im really frustrated..cuase im so stoked about the potential for this game...im bummbed that i cant participate in the infantcy stages....

General Naga - you mentioned this before and I asked for a link to the survey. Can you send a link by email for the survey, please. I looked in previous emails and could not find the survey mentioned.
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. There's an email to show I completed the survey at the time. I logged into the Kickstarter site today; there is nothing in the FAQ or else where with your heading "How will ..". Please tell me where I should be looking.
Also, on the KS site. the link 'Visit our web site' might need an update.