• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Some light relief... |56k Warning|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome. I miss wwiionline so damn much - but was too busy working on it D:

This is by far my favourite video

Ahhh yes, the good old days of 60 squad mates all coordinated,air,armor,inf terrorizing Allies. Great game till attack/defence objectives added. LONG LIVE SG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games

siben

So I was just casually returning home yesterday when I find the police have closed my road, with a news crew filming down the empty street. Turns out a local building site unearth an unexploded German bomb from WW2 that meant the area was sealed off and a fair few buildings evacuated. So even long after the war ended, the Germans are still trying to kill me.

Tower Bridge shut after 'unexploded bomb' found on building site - London - News - London Evening Standard

I find this amusing for the reason that we, in Belgium, still find about 50 000 kilo of British and American gifts (in the form of bombs going from 1000 lbs till hand grenades) a year, and that since the end of WW1 already really. Its actually rare to find German bombs, Its almost always Allied.

Feldmeijer

So I was just casually returning home yesterday when I find the police have closed my road, with a news crew filming down the empty street. Turns out a local building site unearth an unexploded German bomb from WW2 that meant the area was sealed off and a fair few buildings evacuated. So even long after the war ended, the Germans are still trying to kill me.

Tower Bridge shut after 'unexploded bomb' found on building site - London - News - London Evening Standard

I live close to where once was a Luftwaffe airfield, I believe that there were Me 110's stationed there (according to photos)
A few months ago they found an unexploded bomb close to it.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
It's not uncommon to find unexploded WWII or practice ordnance around me. Makes for a nice early morning "boom" and smoke screen.

What's unusual is finding such a large live bomb so close to the city centre. That area has been redeveloped so intensively since the war it's amazing they haven't found them all by now!

Heh, the only Wednesday of the whole semester so far that I had to come to Leuven, they find a bomb that almost left me stranded there.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
[video=youtube;d5_SB1FxAWg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=d5_SB1FxAWg[/video]

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Top Gear parody made with Just Cause 2. It is rather fantastic.

[video=youtube;sFBi_h282p8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFBi_h282p8[/video]

Heh, I've been there. The tank is in an ok-ish state, but it will never be able to move again. It's missing a bit of it's right track, and both tracks are embedded in the asphalt. On the right side of the turret are a lot of machine gun bullet impacts, I think they used it as target practice for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.