• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Star Trek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic727

Hi,

did you see the last Star Trek?
I just saw it tonight and I'm giving 5 stars on 5 :)

I was excellent.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Haven't seen it yet, but re-watched the first last night so I'm all prepared for it.

I'm glad this has a thread :p

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Saw Into Darkness today, was a very enjoyable film. There were a couple of questionable story points, but no spoilers today ^.^ I liked how there was a lot of in-ship workings as well as fighty action, reminded me a lot of the old series with the added modernity these reboots have. Benedict was a great addition to the cast too; the typical British evil guy ;)

However, I saw a lot of similarities between the Enterprise crew and the TW dev team. Sooooo

Naga would obviously be Captain Kirk; he has the reigns and isn't afraid to launch into space for the safety of his crew.
I reckon Maniche would be Spock; sure there's lots of logical thinking involved in mapmaking.
Volcol is Bones; he heals everyone with his pretty guns.
Hmm who is Sulu... Brrr, has to be. Follows the orders but keeps the ship going with his powers and skills.
Chekov will have to be Chad, for his quick fingers and the ability to transmat people falling at high speeds.
Scotty is definitely Apple, though I'm not quite sure why xD
And Hanni is Scotty's little alien friend who sits on everything and gets shouted at.
Mudra will be some strange alien with several heads that looks terrifying at first glance, but actually just wants cuddles.

I have too much thinking time clearly...

SwadianFC

However, I saw a lot of similarities between the Enterprise crew and the TW dev team. Sooooo

Naga would obviously be Captain Kirk; he has the reigns and isn't afraid to launch into space for the safety of his crew.
I reckon Maniche would be Spock; sure there's lots of logical thinking involved in mapmaking.
Volcol is Bones; he heals everyone with his pretty guns.
Hmm who is Sulu... Brrr, has to be. Follows the orders but keeps the ship going with his powers and skills.
Chekov will have to be Chad, for his quick fingers and the ability to transmat people falling at high speeds.
Scotty is definitely Apple, though I'm not quite sure why xD
And Hanni is Scotty's little alien friend who sits on everything and gets shouted at.
Mudra will be some strange alien with several heads that looks terrifying at first glance, but actually just wants cuddles.

Oh...ok. I guess I'll go be in Star Wars VII instead ;)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Saw the film the other day as well. I don't think anyone can say the graphics aren't STUNNING but I had a few issues with some of the storyline and I felt it dragged on just a little bit towards the end.

It was a good sequel, not quite as good as the first in my opinion but that did set the bar very high. I'd love a new TV series with the same cast :D

Status
Not open for further replies.