• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Steam recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

So I've decided to splurge and use Christmas as an excuse to get some new games in the Steam Winter Sale... I'm looking for recommendations. So far, I've just chosen Stranded Deep (if you don't know it, take a look). I won't get Squad till it's on sale. So... anyone have any recommendations?

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Verdun! - it's a great WW1 shooter. Not very teamwork focused but a lot of fun. A few TWDEVs work on it too.

I also quite like Vermintide. Think Left4Dead in Warhammer Universe and melee focused rather than machine guns.

Killen

Verdun! - it's a great WW1 shooter. Not very teamwork focused but a lot of fun. A few TWDEVs work on it too.

I also quite like Vermintide. Think Left4Dead in Warhammer Universe and melee focused rather than machine guns.

I played Verdun when it was a browser-game, it was really good! Real fun!

siben

The things that are on my to buy list:
-GTA5
-Far Cry 4
-Anno 2205
-Fallout 4

A new gaming pc is also on the list, so unless i can buy a new pc i will wait for the summer sales.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Depth, Rocket League and Just Cause 3. The latter does have performance issues although there is a very fun game underneath, hopefully it is patched very soon.

Africandave

The original Company of Heroes was a lot of fun and it's quite cheap at moment.
Haven't tried the latest one but they have an Ardennes DLC that looks really cool.

If you like your top down rts games that is :D.

drummer93

The original Company of Heroes was a lot of fun and it's quite cheap at moment.
Haven't tried the latest one but they have an Ardennes DLC that looks really cool.

If you like your top down rts games that is :D.

Company of Heroes with Blitzkrieg mod is excellent

Simon

I'm buying CSGO and GTA 4. Should I go with ETS2 instead of GTA 4 ? I heard ETS2 gets boring without the steering wheel and I will play GTA 4 LCPDFR with a friend.

Plz help me decide. And I run Win10 and I heard some people have problems with GTA 4 and Win10 so idk xD

Last edited:

Africandave

Plz help me decide. And I run Win10 and I heard some people have problems with GTA 4 and Win10 so idk xD

I would save the money to go towards gta5 - gta4 modding/multiplayer is pretty boring compared to it.
As for racing games I don't really play them except the WRC franchise, so I am not much help there :D

Simon

I would save the money to go towards gta5 - gta4 modding/multiplayer is pretty boring compared to it.
As for racing games I don't really play them except the WRC franchise, so I am not much help there :D

My PC can't run GTA 5 so yea lol

Killen

[MENTION=2177]Simon[/MENTION] i bought CS GO too, but i quitted because of the community, made of Russians stupid kids who play songs while they play!! :)

I suggest you to buy Dirt Rally, it is really difficultier than Dirt 3 and 2.

If your pc does not stand GTA V, go for retrogaming!

You can play an awful amount of games, DooM...Quake...Duke Nukem 3D...Wolfenstein 3D! My favorite ones!

Simon

@Simon i bought CS GO too, but i quitted because of the community, made of Russians stupid kids who play songs while they play!! :)

I suggest you to buy Dirt Rally, it is really difficultier than Dirt 3 and 2.

If your pc does not stand GTA V, go for retrogaming!

You can play an awful amount of games, DooM...Quake...Duke Nukem 3D...Wolfenstein 3D! My favorite ones!

uhhhh, I am refunding GTA 4 , doesn't load.

Aniallator

I played Age of Empires a long time ago, since then I haven't gotten into top down RTS games sadly :(

For anyone looking I'd recommend Battlestations: Pacific and Insurgency. Battlestations is a very underated WW2 game, and it's like two bucks on Steam. Insurgency is an amazing casual yet realistic FPS... I haven't played CS:GO but I've heard it's like everything CS:GO isn't? Anyway it's very good, and on sale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.