• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

style of gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

which style will the gameplay have? Like in the good old and never beaten Forgotten Hope 1 (fast arcade) or like Arma (ultra realistic with use of the whole keyboard)?
If the Gameplay will be like in FH1 then i wait eagerly for the release.
If like in FH2 or Arma, then the game is nothing for me.
What modes will the game have? Conquest? Deathmatch? capture the flag?

greetings

friendlyfire

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
I am hoping it will be a game, meant to be fun and competitive, but more orientated for the intuition rather than spending First 2 hours of gaming learning and rebinding keys :)
You Know, one man to drive a tank and that stuff.

If somebody hosts an server for TractionWars, how many slots will be supported in the multiplayer online mode?
In FH1 are 128 Players possible, by request even more.

Roughbeak

The problem with increasing players is the server lags heavily. Being a 762 server admin in FH2, we modified it to 100.

Koenigstiger

I think it's been discussed a few times if you have a look through the forums.

Also I believe they disabled the RO2 tank AI when it comes to actually firing the weapons (Still loads the cannon of course and you can control the direction via the Tank Commander shouting orders "LINKS!, RECHTS!", etc) because it was a little OP, kind of like DP wizards who can get headshots whilst hipfiring and facing the completely opposite direction you are in :I

thens

Yeah, the Hull MG was way too friggin' strong before, but generally I still think that Darkest Hour's tank gameplay is the best one so far.

LazMan12

FH2- type gameplay would be great for me atleast. I think its a good mix of realism and simple, intwitive gameplay with a lot of good content and historical accuracy. I also love the small details :)

Hi there,
any plans yet for a cooperation mode?
Looking hardly for a Hidden & Dangerous 2 follower where you can play together with 5 other (by default but we manged to raise the amount of players) mates.

Maybe somebody knows this great Oldie ;)

Roughbeak

Welcome to the community [MENTION=1779]BetterYouThanMe[/MENTION] :)

The plans are to create a massive multiplayer game, however there are no current plans to have bots.

Alright, too bad. There's a huge gap in cooperative ww2 tactical shooters.
However, the atmosphere of Traction Wars looks very promising on pictures and videos. (Reminds me of HD2 sometimes) Just don't start with DLC and other temporary payment stuff. Yea good old times when you bought a game for 50€ and you had full support including patches and updates.. Missing it. 8)

Koenigstiger

Alright, too bad. There's a huge gap in cooperative ww2 tactical shooters.
However, the atmosphere of Traction Wars looks very promising on pictures and videos. (Reminds me of HD2 sometimes) Just don't start with DLC and other temporary payment stuff. Yea good old times when you bought a game for 50€ and you had full support including patches and updates.. Missing it. 8)

Traction Wars is FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

just worried about "Free to play"..
Overused term and in many cases sadly not true. Glad here it is. ;)

Player vs. Player is not really my favourite gamestyle. Rather face some good trained bots with some friends. It's less skill-based and offers not much room for envy and "scoring best" behaviour.

However, i'll follow the project and take a look from time to time to see where it goes.

Have a great day 8)

guess programing AI is one of the most difficult things.

btw you think about adding a objective gamestyle where you have to set/prevent dynamites, storm/defend enemy base, destroy/defend bridges, and so on? In HD2 this is great fun, more tactical then all other gamestyles (besides coop probably ;) )

Also are we free to set up our own servers? Just like the possiblities of turning FF on/off, falling damage, ...

Koenigstiger

guess programing AI is one of the most difficult things.

btw you think about adding a objective gamestyle where you have to set/prevent dynamites, storm/defend enemy base, destroy/defend bridges, and so on? In HD2 this is great fun, more tactical then all other gamestyles (besides coop probably ;) )

Also are we free to set up our own servers? Just like the possiblities of turning FF on/off, falling damage, ...

The objective at Merville battery was to destroy the artillery housed inside, they've made destroyed models of the artillery piece itself so I'd assume the guns are destructible.

Alex

Speaking of destructible entities, will the environment be changeable at all?
So say if a large high explosive shell hits the ground, will the ground change at all?
Will buildings be destroyed?

Roughbeak

Buildings will probably be destructible when needed, if you have all of them ready to blow, it will get laggy for players.

Terrain does not deform at all, however in Crysis it seemed to work back then...

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
Seeing how it was said by somebody outside the dev team, i'd say combination of past forum knowlage, common sence and speculation.
Not an official statement but probably not far away from it eather.

Status
Not open for further replies.