• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Suggestions/Questions based on the 2nd update on Pegasus Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydd

So we are all extremely excited after taking a look at those lovely screenshots, it was indeed a treat to the eyes! However after reading that summary I am sure I speak for most of us, if not all that there are certain questions that would rise, namely:

1. Since it has been confirmed that we will be fighting during the night time, will there be tracer bullets for certain guns if not all? I dont mean like friggin star wars but at a ratio of 4:1 for Americans meaning every 5th bullet they fired was a tracer shell.

2. We all know that the bridge is the key to the entire operation and knowing that capturing the bridge means that you have the upper hand, however when two factions are on opposite sides of the river its not exactly easy to secure something like a bridge due to elevated positions on either side of the river. Which means there are high chances of a stalemate breaking out,
lets say a squad manages to get on the bridge and are dug in good eliminating anything that approaches the bridge, 2 other teams are using buildings and cover along the banks to cover the squad on the bridge, how will the opposing faction be able to deal with this situation? Will there be opportunities to flank the bridge in any manner?

3. Many people have this particular question regarding brits spawning in and around the gliders, personally I think that would be a waste because we'd know where the gliders are, so will you be placing brits in strategic positions? which would allow them to get to the bridge faster? Or will you be delaying spawn for the Germans?

Killen

2: i think in this maps, mortars can be very effective because of the concentration of people near the bridge. Hower this thing worries me, i will feel frustrated if, everythime, i get blown up by enemy mortar rounds.
Maybe devs know how to deal with it. One my suggestion is: don't have displaced mortars like PR, but have instead a mortar class. It could look like Rising Storm, where a japanese soldier had portable mortar (better if he can't resupply ammo). In this way (Rising Storm way) aiming result a bit difficult, and accurates shots are not as easy as PR shots.
Notice how many times i used "mortar" word hahaha

As I said in the announcement thread, delaying the initial spawn for the Germans is not a good idea. You'll get massive complaints about bias, unfair advantages etc. If you place the initial spawn point far enough away, along with a longer initial respawn time, you could get the same effect.

When the British gain more ground, however, I suggest reducing the spawn time for the Germans to replicate the fact that they were getting organised and receiving reinforcements.

Oh, and if the Brits manage to hang on till the end of the round, can we get the sound of bagpipes playing "Blue Bonnets O'er the Border", please?

Sydd

Yes indeed, I too fear that many will complain about the longer spawn timers therefore if we can get the Germans spawn in a little disorganized manner, example would be each squad member is a little far away from the other, squads itself are scattered here and there, Germans are a wee bit far away from the bridge, German squad leaders don't have contact with other squads initially and it would take say 30-60 seconds to contact other friendly squads, in other words, we would be replicating Germans who are trying their best to get themselves organised where as Brits are already organised. This means besides the spawn advantage the Brits have, they have an additional 30 second window while the Germans get mobilized perhaps you can have a few members of a squad lets say 3 of them actually on the bridge who would be replicating guard duty at the time.

Killen

There should be a way to ambush germans, because they already know where are you going to attack. Probably a little second bridge (i don't know whether it existed in real life) that can be used to flank enemies

Killen

:laugh: Blue bonnets over the border was the tune they played when they secured the bridge, its no random song haha!

I meant, that it could be cool if we can choose our song like the final countdown to be played when we win the match. Hahahhah

Aniallator

One my suggestion is: don't have displaced mortars like PR, but have instead a mortar class.

We know there'll be a mortarman class for the Brits and, I assume, the Germans. Brits'll get the two incher, and I imagine the Germans use the Granatwerfer 36.

As for seizing the bridge... storm is the answer.

Aniallator

Can we cross Bénouville bridge with vehicles, once Chapter Two's released? Naturally, motorcycles can, but what of something larger? A halftrack, or a tank? I'd love if we can... I mean, the point of taking the bridge was to stop the Germans getting their armor across.

Mars

Pathfinder Games
Probably. We're focusing on Chapter One right now, so it's not something being discussed.

DerJoachim

Oh, and if the Brits manage to hang on till the end of the round, can we get the sound of bagpipes playing "Blue Bonnets O'er the Border", please?

This suggestion is pretty good, i like aswell the Team winning song based on the faction and who win the map, it help with immersion and gratification i think.

Sydd

Well, I really love TW's sound/music composers and their team. I got often on youtube to listen to those amazing tunes... speaking of which we need a damn songs thread!

Aniallator

My God! I watch the Cromwell and Merville Battery showcases over and over again, just for the audio! Hats off to [MENTION=376]calgoblin[/MENTION]!

Speaking of audio, I love how in the RO2 mod Heroes of the West, in the Caen map, there's a house with a gramophone playing some prewar classic :) Just sayin'.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
My God! I watch the Cromwell and Merville Battery showcases over and over again, just for the audio!

Usually the tracks I write take a couple of attempts to get the other guys onboard with it. I won't say too much but the next one you'll hear somehow pleased everyone first time...

Status
Not open for further replies.