• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proposal: let every player select his ingame control level in his own game settings according to an popular reference game. This would be an real Innovation on the gaming market and all can play together on one server.
Crysis - FarCry - BF - RO - ARMA - Custom
Custom means all settings manual possible
driving/flying:
- gearbox automatic till manual
- direct driving till indirect by commanding bots
weapon reload:
- one klick animation till manual click and select orgy
The stats will show what is the best for every player.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
I wish I could switch modes between automatic, where holding W makes the tank accelerate and releasing it is like putting your leg of the pedal and S is brake. Automatic where it is same thing but with shifting gears yourself. And cruise controll where you set the speed of the tank and releasing W makes it drive at that speed (simulating the driver maintaining a stable speed).

First 2 (Automatic and Manual) should be gameplay settings you access from settings menu, while cruise controll much like in Warthunder and WOT should be key binding.

Aniallator

What about pressing S to shift a gear in reverse, and pressing W to shift a gear forward, while holding S to shift into full reverse, and holding W to shift into forward. You'd only have to hold for a second or so, then you can release the key and the tank will continue at full forward or reverse.

FlyingR

What about pressing S to shift a gear in reverse, and pressing W to shift a gear forward, while holding S to shift into full reverse, and holding W to shift into forward. You'd only have to hold for a second or so, then you can release the key and the tank will continue at full forward or reverse.

Maybe if you double press W you would shift the gear and then holding would be moving forward, the same with S. Or you could use the mouse. If the mouse is not used for anything (except looking around), left click could be shift to the next gear, and right click shift reverse.

VonMudra

Firefly didn't have thicker armour, just the 17lber gun. There were Sherman Jumbos, which were rare but heavily armoured and some did carry the 76mm. Also the Sherman was eventually upgunned to 76mm type guns which were much more capable of taking on Panthers and other German heavy tanks (could even penetrate Panther and Tiger frontal armour at close range), and made it equal to the Panzer IVH/J.

Fegelein

Fireflies would be able to kill Panther from the front WITH EASE? Who came up with that?! Panther has 80mm of sloped armor, that is equal to 120mm. A 76MM gun from the Firefly hardly even kills 100mm of the Tiger. Unless it is very close, then I don't expect the Panther to get penetrated. Please be realistic when it comes to ballistics. I don't want to see my Tiger get damage from something that in real life couldn't even scratch it's paint.
This is supposed to be a realistic game. if you wan't to be realistic then I demand realistic tanks too.
Tigers should destroy pretty much anything with 1 shot 1000+ meters away. Panthers have 80mm slopped armor that makes it like it had 120mm. And if you ever add the Tiger II ( King Tiger ), then be realistic and understand that it's frontal turret didn't get penetrated ONCE in the whole war.

Fliper

Fireflies would be able to kill Panther from the front WITH EASE? Who came up with that?! Panther has 80mm of sloped armor, that is equal to 120mm. A 76MM gun from the Firefly hardly even kills 100mm of the Tiger. Unless it is very close, then I don't expect the Panther to get penetrated. Please be realistic when it comes to ballistics. I don't want to see my Tiger get damage from something that in real life couldn't even scratch it's paint.
This is supposed to be a realistic game. if you wan't to be realistic then I demand realistic tanks too.
Tigers should destroy pretty much anything with 1 shot 1000+ meters away. Panthers have 80mm slopped armor that makes it like it had 120mm. And if you ever add the Tiger II ( King Tiger ), then be realistic and understand that it's frontal turret didn't get penetrated ONCE in the whole war.

Maybe TW dev team should hire physicist to solve problems like this .

17 pdr ammo

APCBC could penetrate 130mm of armour at 500M and 119mm of armour 1000M at a 30 degree angle.

APDS could penetrate 204mm of armour at 500M and 185 mm of armour at 1000M at a 30 degree angle.

VonMudra

17 pdr ammo

APCBC could penetrate 130mm of armour at 500M and 119mm of armour 1000M at a 30 degree angle.

APDS could penetrate 204mm of armour at 500M and 185 mm of armour at 1000M at a 30 degree angle.

Thanks for posting what I was gonna post.

THe 17lber on the Firefly is an extremely high velocity cannon, in some ways superior to the 88mm on the Tiger I. It is, as shown by the penetrations there, easily capable of slicing through any Panther or Tiger with ease. It is NOT the same as the 76mm that was mounted on the M10 tank destroyer or later Shermans- it is a completely different and highly capable gun. That said, at close range, the 76mm could penetrate Tiger Is from the front. Also, we are reviewing how to include representation of the severe alloy issues the Germans were having by 1944, that meant that the stated thickness of German tank armour was not equal to actual performance due to brittleness that caused it to suffer catastrophic ruptures to shells that should not have technically penetrated. I would also note that the average range of tank combat in Normandy was under 400 yards.

Aniallator

Never doubt these devs when it comes to realism, young grasshopper...

Fliper

Thanks for posting what I was gonna post.

THe 17lber on the Firefly is an extremely high velocity cannon, in some ways superior to the 88mm on the Tiger I.

How do you think superior? 88 mm cannon deals more damage to interior of the tank than 76 mm firefly ( if it penetrate) .

VonMudra

Penetration wise, it was superior. Combine that with technically lighter ammo, and you have superior qualities right there. I didn't say it was superior in every way (smaller HE shell, and slightly less damage in theory), but only that it was superior in some ways. That said, be it a 76mm or 88mm shell that penetrates your tank, you're dead/bailing out as fast as you can either way. It was EXTREMELY rare in WW2 to keep fighting in a tank that had been penetrated, and then most of those cases were early in the war with low caliber AT weapons. But even that said, even if the shell penetrates without, somehow, magically not doing any damage to the crew or the tank internals (just going in and out basically), crews still often opted to bail, as that hit indicated that the enemy had you in his sights perfectly, and a followup shot was just moments away.

Status
Not open for further replies.