• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Doctor Who Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Now there is a place for us Doctor Who fans to come together and discuss all things Who on these forums! No longer shall we be oppressed and left to stand in the shadows... (Yes, this is an appreciation thread.)

Anyway... A new Doctor has taken over, with a difficult job of taking over the Tardis from Matt Smith. The extended episode aired over the weekend and in my opinion was a great re-introduction to the show. We got an introduction to Capaldi's Doctor, which definitely has traits of many of the actors before him. Though I can't really judge him just yet (even though a lot of the Internet already has...) I am certain he will bring the mystery he promised. It was a very enjoyable return to Doctor Who, and I especially love the new title sequence. (I really feel The Paternoster Gang need their own spin-off.)
[video=youtube;VmvH5_meJkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmvH5_meJkU[/video]​

It's probably a good idea not to read this thread until you've seen the latest episodes each week, because there probably will be spoilers. I'd also like to strongly warn anyone about posting leaks for the upcoming episodes, I know they exist and am working very hard to avoid them. If you fail to stick to this you will be handed over to Mudra and he will be unchained. You have been warned.

The title sequence is indeed awesome. Very steampunk-ish. In this first episode, I think Capaldi handled it like it should be, a completely disoriented and even crazier Doctor, slowly regaining his sense.

It was nice to see some more elaborate interaction between Vastra and Jenny. I can't imagine that to be an easy marriage. And Strax...is still Strax.

And as for leakers... *taps on a barrel of Sontaran acid*

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I'm pretty sure that's the point :p But yeah, kind of hoping this story arc isn't as convoluted as some of Moffat's have been before. Loved the Dalek episode, Rusty should so join the Paternoster gang :p

Well, the Silence was a bit overcomplicated, I give you that.

But indeed, the episode was awesome. I see Rusty being a silent assasin Dalek in the dark corner of the ship.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Next week is a must-watch, methinks.

The dramatic preview of the finale two-parter almost made up for the otherwise averageness of the Forest episode. I look forward to the two-parter, because I defintely feel this series has been lacking something. I don't know what it is, but the dramatic preview of the next episode made me feel like I have for every other previous series, but I don't know why... I love Capaldi, and all of the episodes have been enjoyable but... I don't know, something doesn't seem right. I've no idea why xD Maybe I'm just gettin' old :p

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Well... Thats was amazing. Great episode! Wish the cybers weren't in the previews though, sort of made their reveal pretty pointless. Although filming in front of St Pauls Cathedral I can see why people would have guessed it.

Very good episode. That dark water was a very ingenious way of concealing the Cybermen. I wonder what will become of Mr Pink.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I wonder what will become of Mr Pink.

Well, technically he is dead. But it's stored on a fancy hard drive so who knows what the Doctor could manage. That or Clara joins him like she threatened, but that would be a very dark first for Who.

The one about Weeping Angels. (I knew I shouldn't have searched it up)

Ah, fair enough. That is one of the best episodes ever though ;)

Well, that was slightly anticlimactic. It was nice and unexpected that the world is apparently foolish enough to put their fates in the hands of the Doctor. But I thought the Cyberiad was supposed to remove all traces of your former self, and not end up with an emotional Cyberpink. I was also slightly disappointed with the lack of a decent boss fight.

I guess we'll be saying byeeee to Clara... But the next companion, I hope, will be Santa!

Hang on, what's with all the water? Did someone leave a tap op... ~zap~

Upgrade in progress

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Thought it was a good episode, absolutely LOVE Michelle Gomez as The Master. Hopefully she will come back, she was just so incredibly evil. The Cybers were a bit put to one side, but the concept was alright. I rather like their new Iron Man mode. The (yet another) tribute to the Brigadier was pretty clever actually, made sense for his Cyberman to shoot MissyMaster. Though I can guarantee she won't be dead. I'm also sceptical Osgood was actually killed.

Overall, good episode. Who needs more two-parters. A good series too, Capaldi is a wonderful Doctor. It doesn't really make sense for Clara to ever leave given her story, but I suppose she probably has gone yes. Nick Frost as Santa as Christmas should be a good laugh, especially given how upsetting the last Christmas episode was!

Sydd

This would be the last place I would have expected this thread to sprout up... Just.. Wow..

Status
Not open for further replies.