• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

The Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy

Sorry for being rudely honest but, have you guys literally not took any notice in any posts about this game? A ranking system would COMPLETELY wreck the way the game is played. Its a realism game. You aren't supposed to rank up and unlock new weapons and weapon attachments You join a server you are assigned to a section and a specific class in that section. The section has specific weapons not any weapons he wants because he is a high rank. This would just kill the game for me. Ranks are for people who have self pride in thinking they are better than others because they have a higher rank :p It would also give realism units hell in game. All the cod kiddies will be like "Oh, well I'm a level 50 your a level 11 I'm not listening to you"

If you don't like this view don't reply with a message which will further spark an argument ;) It is only my view and most likely the views of the majority of the community xD

Roughbeak

I agree with you, yes, the kiddies do like a ranking system.
I did say before, "Have medals when you blow up an object or capture certain amount of flags and whatnot", not levels (example: level 20). :)

Sir Apple

Yeah, there will not, and never will be a level-up system where you unlock new/better/rare/special/pretty/pink guns, or attachments, or anything.

There will be pickup kits with some cool weapons (that correlate to the area of combat), and we are definitely adding a diverse amount of firearms for the player to use, as long as history allows it (for instance, for German bolt action rifles you will be able to use more then just the K98 ). However each kit setup is preassigned to the class.

apple

VonMudra

Thanks guys for totally taking every comment I would have made and making it for me :) Excellent discussion with excellent reasons for why there won't be unlockables/perks/special rank stuff. Now I can go crawl back into my dragon lair and breath fire at things.

Blindfire

Yeah, there will not, and never will be a level-up system where you unlock new/better/rare/special/pretty/pink guns, or attachments, or anything.

There will be pickup kits with some cool weapons (that correlate to the area of combat), and we are definitely adding a diverse amount of firearms for the player to use, as long as history allows it (for instance, for German bolt action rifles you will be able to use more then just the K98 ). However each kit setup is preassigned to the class.

apple

Ok that sounds good enough for me. Its just that imo some people would get a bit bored using the same equipment over and over again (even though as VonMudra said, you get what you were issued), hence why I made the suggestion.
@Troy first of all, the "cod kiddies" would take one look at this game and then go f**k off. They are too accustomed(Doesnt look like I spelled this right) to the customizations and achievements to even bother playing this game. ;)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Don't forget folks that not all stats systems are the same. CoD/BF3 systems revolve around "ranks", kill streaks and unlocks which is fine for that type of game. TWs is completely different and so any stats system will likewise be different and suited to a teamwork and realism game. You needn't worry ;)

Back to the original topic:
[MENTION=1109]Roughbeak[/MENTION] any plans to develop this map further?

Roughbeak

Back to the original topic:
@Roughbeak any plans to develop this map further?
For a second there I thought you meant, you were asking me to become a TW mapper (at least I thought about it, I just need to have more experience with it), but yes i probably will make it a lot better than it is now. :)

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Yeah, there will not, and never will be a level-up system where you unlock new/better/rare/special/pretty/pink guns,

Nawwwwh I wanted a special pink MP40 :(

You've a nice map coming along there [MENTION=1109]Roughbeak[/MENTION] :)

(On a completely unrelated and unimportant note you and [MENTION=129]brrr[/MENTION] both have owls as your avatars and I got a little confused for a second.)

Status
Not open for further replies.