• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Thoughs on Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydd

I have 8.1pro, I am worried if I will have the pro or basic if I upgrade. Besides whenever new os come out its a good idea to wait for a good amount of time so that all bugs glitches are fixed, os is optimized so that when you download the os 2-3 months later everything is working just fine.

Pjosip

Vanguard Backer
-Unfinished
-Invasive
-Brakes things

Wait at least 2-3 months before upgrading.

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
I installed it on my laptop, and aside from the questionable data sharing I rather like it. I can't use it for much serious work, but I like the main design and has nice features. And it's even better once you uninstall the Candy Crush it comes with... Will be waiting several months to put it on main PC though.

drummer93

I have the actualization to Windows 10, but I didn't execute it yet. I should read some critices and evaluate if I have to download it or not

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Just like I do with my OS on the cellphone, I'll wait until they force me to update it.

Strangely I'm completely the opposite. I'm generally a very early adopter if I can't be involved in testing. The only reason I haven't updated to Windows 10 (yet) is I want to make sure it's compatible with TWs first!

siben

Still getting error messages when trying to update, i am using 8.1 pro for now on my 5 year old beast.
Generally i am an early adopter. I also bought Windows 8 the moment it came out, 35 euro for the pro version with media centre is a steal. And the same with windows 7 and Vista (i really regret the early adoption of Vista though)

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Still getting error messages when trying to update, i am using 8.1 pro for now on my 5 year old beast.
Generally i am an early adopter. I also bought Windows 8 the moment it came out, 35 euro for the pro version with media centre is a steal. And the same with windows 7 and Vista (i really regret the early adoption of Vista though)

I had that when upgrading another PC. Try using the online installer instead - Windows 10

siben

I tried with that tool daily since last sunday.... guess what, it worked this time. great! Downloading as we speak.
My laptop upgraded without problem on day 1. Its just my desktop.

Simon

Strangely I'm completely the opposite. I'm generally a very early adopter if I can't be involved in testing. The only reason I haven't updated to Windows 10 (yet) is I want to make sure it's compatible with TWs first!

Should be compatible with most of the games since Windows 10 is more game friendly (unlike Windows 8 that was bad for that kind of stuff)

And TW being released in 18-24 months I think that most people will have Windows 10 since we can't be stuck on old system right ? ;)

Here is some proof that games should not be a problem:

https://youtu.be/xaHSlvyrjs0

Will my games run on Windows 10? - Feature - PC Advisor

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
Well I've now upgraded to Windows 10 and it seems to run just fine so far - that's not official Win10 support (yet) but I'm developing using Win10 I would say that's a pretty good sign ;)

Killen

Hey, i have Win10 since September 2015, it works great, there are only few things i don't like.

Let's start:

Windows Defender is useless (fortunately you can disable it)
Images take years to show up (maybe it's a problem of my SATA 3 HDD :p)
New GUI in Windows Settings that i don't appreciate too much.

In general i love Win10, expecially how fast my pc boots now! Really fast :)

Simon

Can't believe that post was made by me lol.
[MENTION=2685]Francesco Boato[/MENTION] I have Win10 since 6th September and I would never change back.
Yes, it loads really fast which I love. There are some minor buggs which require me to reboot my PC sometimes (might be my PC because its s*it)

But other than that, I love it. Oh and I don't use Win Defender, I use Avast because its better.

FlyingR

Oh, hey uh I also have a Windows computer! Windows XP that is. Am I now part of the cool club as well guys? :)

Great Scott, I thought your people have disappeared a while ago!

On a serious note though... how do you pretend to play TW? Does it even support XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.