• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Totally Off-Topic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniallator

It looks like a really really great game!

It does! I'm really glad to hear that it'll have a proper squad system, and that there won't be any unlocks (RO2 has a few). I'm keen to see how helicopters will be implemented, and whether or not there'll be ground vehicles.

siben

To tell the truth, I have not played a Vietnam game since BF:V... This might make me buy it. See how it plays. I do hope it is not pure infantry, i dontt like those type of games that much especially if the setting calls for helicopters and vehicles.

drummer93

To tell the truth, I have not played a Vietnam game since BF:V... This might make me buy it. See how it plays. I do hope it is not pure infantry, i dontt like those type of games that much especially if the setting calls for helicopters and vehicles.

so, you won't like TW: Chapter 1 :p

FlyingR

It does! I'm really glad to hear that it'll have a proper squad system, and that there won't be any unlocks (RO2 has a few). I'm keen to see how helicopters will be implemented, and whether or not there'll be ground vehicles.

I just hope it will be like PR:V but much better :p

Aniallator

Well, the AH-1 and UH-1 will be usable. I assume the OH-6 will be usable as well, though it's an observation helicopter, so it may be implemented like recon planes were in RO2. The F-4 won't be usable, of course... it's used for napalm strikes :D I'm not sure about ground vehicles, but to be honest I wouldn't mind not having any, because except for helicopters, Vietnam wasn't really a vehicular war for the same reason the PTO wasn't. The jungle.

@FlyingR have you ever noticed in PR:V how the radio tower at the US main plays a Good Morning Vietnam type thing? I've stood there for like ten minutes listening to it, it's hilarious!

FlyingR

Well, the AH-1 and UH-1 will be usable. I assume the OH-6 will be usable as well, though it's an observation helicopter, so it may be implemented like recon planes were in RO2. The F-4 won't be usable, of course... it's used for napalm strikes :D I'm not sure about ground vehicles, but to be honest I wouldn't mind not having any, because except for helicopters, Vietnam wasn't really a vehicular war for the same reason the PTO wasn't. The jungle.

@FlyingR have you ever noticed in PR:V how the radio tower at the US main plays a Good Morning Vietnam type thing? I've stood there for like ten minutes listening to it, it's hilarious!

I hope all vehicles will be used. It would be great!

Nah, I didn't notice. In which map? That is awesome though! It's an added value that makes PR even better!

Aniallator

I hope all vehicles will be used. It would be great!

Nah, I didn't notice. In which map? That is awesome though! It's an added value that makes PR even better!

Battle of Ia Drang. Just spawn at main, and follow your ears :)

You see, we need to have a few random record players on TW maps that play Édith Piaf!

SpaceCroissant

I assume the OH-6 will be usable as well, though it's an observation helicopter, so it may be implemented like recon planes were in RO2.

OH-6's did usually have a machine gunner with an M60, so perhaps that'll be an option!

Side note, if you're interested in helicopters in the Vietnam war I can absolutely recommend 'Low Level Hell' by Hugh Mills and 'Chickenhawk' by Robert Mason. The former being about flying OH-6's, the latter about flying UH-1 Hueys (slicks).

Aniallator

OH-6's did usually have a machine gunner with an M60, so perhaps that'll be an option!

Side note, if you're interested in helicopters in the Vietnam war I can absolutely recommend 'Low Level Hell' by Hugh Mills and 'Chickenhawk' by Robert Mason. The former being about flying OH-6's, the latter about flying UH-1 Hueys (slicks).

It's funny, I don't think I realized H-6s were used in Vietnam until I saw Apocalypse Now. Normally people associate them with special ops, Black Hawk Down, that kind of thing... you don't really think of them as a Nam bird!

Aniallator

[MENTION=2158]SpaceCroissant[/MENTION] I just looked at the RS2 showcase again, and there's a side-mounted M60 or something firing from the OH-6, no question :) I have to say, I'm really stoked about the blur effects. RO2 had outstanding blur effects, and it looks like RS2 won't disappoint! Looking forward to these in TW :)

Simon

Anyone from Europe watched Eurovision ?

If so what are your thoughts on it, for me it had one of the worst songs ever on Eurovision.

Esu21

Anyone from Europe watched Eurovision ?

If so what are your thoughts on it, for me it had one of the worst songs ever on Eurovision.

You mean last Eurovision or this year's Eurovision?

About the one this year all I have to say is that Spain will be represented with a song sung in English. I can't express with words how bullshit that is

Simon

You mean last Eurovision or this year's Eurovision?

About the one this year all I have to say is that Spain will be represented with a song sung in English. I can't express with words how bullshit that is

This year ofcourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.