• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

Traction War's Competitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a firm believer that competition amongst rival entities brings out the best in one another's endeavors, I wanted to share this with the entire TW community. Looks as though contrary to popular belief, Festung Europa is alive and well. They recently released a couple pre alpha videos of some very brief game play. Though it isnt much, it definitely solidifies that they have their affairs in order and are striving to to get FE released as soon as humanly possible. Hopefully this lights a fire under the TW dev team !!!...Wishful thinking I suppose.

Here are the vids

[video=youtube;QOKq_MXlhUQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOKq_MXlhUQ[/video]

drummer93

Festung Europa were never dead, they change the engine. Cryengine 3 to Unreal Engine 4. And yes, I saw the vids a few days ago and looks promising, but TW will be free hahaha

volcol

Interesting, but not unique. I worked ( for 3.5 years as an artist) with company that has had the exact same free view mechanic for nearly 15 years.

While the character view looks nice, owning British 1944 kit, and the colours and textile definition are a way off what they should be (and that's not me being picky, but the British tunic looks to be a fine textile pattern instead of wool - an obvious error)

An interesting concept for sure, but free to play vs pay to play will be an interesting match to see unfold. While we haven't updated as of late, there's still a LOT in development.

I just wish I had more time to give to TW

calgoblin

Pathfinder Games
Glad they have an update really, but that is a really bad way to show off your game to the world. As early as it may be, it doesn't present the game in a positive light, with engine errors, an excess of bloom, lens flare that would make J. J. Abrams jealous and the Fraps address on the top.

drummer93

Glad they have an update really, but that is a really bad way to show off your game to the world. As early as it may be, it doesn't present the game in a positive light, with engine errors, an excess of bloom, lens flare that would make J. J. Abrams jealous and the Fraps address on the top.

the idea wasn't show off the game, I think. They put the vids in a forum section as a commentary, and there are "not classified", so you can't see them in Jackboot's youtube channel. Anyway, TW team had the original idea of make an online game in Normandy with germans against british, so, I will choose TW.

Simon

Festung Europa sure has some nice graphics.

I played Forgotten Hope 2, and it looks like its same game but with Unreal 4 engine.

Well...... Traction Wars Masterrace!

Roughbeak

With all due respect, I have to say - overall, I'm not impressed by those two videos, it showed pretty much nothing if you looked at it right. As I said before awhile back, I like what they are doing and hopefully this game will look nicer in the future.

What Traction Wars (and others too! such as War of Rights) does and does well is that they take time polishing something that won't disappoint us, love that! :)

Last edited:

Simon

With all due respect, I have to say - overall, I'm not impressed by those two videos, it showed pretty much nothing if you looked at it right. As I said before awhile back, I like what they are doing and hopefully this game will look nicer in the future.

What Traction Wars (and others too! such as War of Rights) does and does well is that they take time polishing something that won't disappoint us, love that! :)

War of Rights.... oh goody, Traction Wars + War of Rights = Oh my goodness

Simon

we are a selected class of intelectual people who likes history accuracy and realism

View attachment 1038

I adore games that are realistic and set in history. I just bought Red Orchestra 2 and I love it. I also play Rise of Flight United (Free on Steam if you like WW1 planes)

And I get so pissed when they make great game set in history, and they put in killchat and hitmarkers.

Roughbeak

Actually Forgotten Hope 2 has a file which you edit to remove killchat and chat also. I use it all the time, very fun. :D

drummer93

I adore games that are realistic and set in history. I just bought Red Orchestra 2 and I love it. I also play Rise of Flight United (Free on Steam if you like WW1 planes)

And I get so pissed when they make great game set in history, and they put in killchat and hitmarkers.

yes I played both games. Red Orchestra is excellent

FlyingR

The most realistic WWII game is by far IL-2 1946 and WWIIO. However no new game (2010 onwards) has been able to give what these 2 games have.

Sydd

Nobody makes mention of Heroes & Generals?

Sadly the axis faction of the game is dying and many vets are quitting on the game. Why? Well.. German armor is nerfed to the extent a panzer 38 t light tank cant even climb a hill, tiger 1 cant even penetrate an IS2. panzer 4s and 3s cant put on a fight against shermans and lees. Not to mention the insane queues (Generals have to wait for about 2 days to deploy troops on the map and germans end up losing due to poor equipment that has been nerfed countless times and the long queues.

Simon

Nobody makes mention of Heroes & Generals?

Sadly the axis faction of the game is dying and many vets are quitting on the game. Why? Well.. German armor is nerfed to the extent a panzer 38 t light tank cant even climb a hill, tiger 1 cant even penetrate an IS2. panzer 4s and 3s cant put on a fight against shermans and lees. Not to mention the insane queues (Generals have to wait for about 2 days to deploy troops on the map and germans end up losing due to poor equipment that has been nerfed countless times and the long queues.

Heroes and Generals is just dog s*it. Every trailer from them lies, its arcade and if it was realistic, there would be no P2W system.

If I can be little mean right now..... I'm glad its dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.