• Welcome to the Vanguard Community

These forums date back to the game's origins as the Crysis mod Traction Wars. Over the years the game and internet habits have evolved and discord.gg/vanguardww2 is now the principle home of the community.

The team continue to read and reply to posts here, but we can be contacted more quickly on Discord.

U.S faction/side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that a WW2 game finally is focusing on the British side, but this game seems really awesome, and has lots of amazing features that cannot be seen in any other WW2 game (At least ones that are free to play). And when I say U.S Faction/side, I mean the U.S Army. I mean, imagine how awesome it would be to recreate the D-Day scene from saving private Rayan, in a free to play game anyone could play. It would be epic! Also, other sides could be added, like the french resistance, the U.S.S.R the Japanese, and maybe more! And, before you start saying that I don't know how hard it is to model stuff, and to program stuff. While I will admit, I don't do too much programming, (I sometimes do C++ or Javascript, even though I am still learning how to use the languages.) but I do do modeling, and know it is a pain in the butt to model new weapons and soldiers. But still, I think it would be awesome if Traction Wars had U.S faction/side.

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
The U.S. played a massive role in WW2 so its a fair bet that they will be making an appearance in a future chapter ;)

Our focus for now is on Chapter One though :)

Esu21

Right now Im so hyped for Chapter 2 xD Tanks,and who knows,even more countrys,planes,paratroopers... xD For now lets wait for Chapter 1

Also,I think that in orden of appearence you should put 1. Main countrys that fought actively at WW2 (England,Germany,URSS,Italy,America,Japan...),then other important countrys or armys (like the French Free Forces) and finally the French Resistance,Spain (really want it :rolleyes:),etc.

B.Kavanagh

If you're doing this in Chapters then I suggest you put the USSR and maybe some other Eastern European nations before the US, then include the US some roles in North Africa and Italy then a huge part during the campaign in 'mainland' Europe.

drummer93

people talking about put Russia, Japan, Italy... This is France 1944!!! dont be hilarious!!! the devs will make this game in chapters because this chapters will have a chronological and spacial relation. The western front in 1944-45 was a very interesting historical moment in WWII, and had a lot of aspects that can be portrayed in a game. I hope the game follow a historical line, from Overlord to the capitulation of Germany, through Netherlands and Belgium

General Naga

Director/Founder
Pathfinder Games
A chronological order to the Chapters is logical but there are some theatres/time-periods which are very popular and aren't anywhere on a logical timeline (e.g. the fall of france which happened 4 years earlier).

I'm not saying we are planning to jump around the timeline but don't rule out the idea - we haven't ;)

drummer93

General Naga I know you can do it, you can do what you want hahaha. I don't rule out the idea, but I think that is more interesting and logical a chronological order. I think that this game can make a diference in technical and historical aspects. There are a lot of games about WWII, but very few are worth. Maybe if you focus on something particular, you may do great things, even with the smallest details.

REAPER-r32

Could you please give the ANZAC their own identity in the game as I'm yet to come across any other game that gives us the credit we deserve.Everyone knows that when the Brits and the Yanks were too scared to go in the ANZAC were sent in to get the job done.Every force in WW2 (and every other conflict) knows the ANZAC and both feared and respected them.I think it would be awesome to play as a digger, The weapons wouldn't need much variation so just give us our uniforms and if you add voices to the troops we would definitely stand out in the crowd.I am aware that you guys are keeping the forces in each battle realistic to those who were actually there but if the ANZAC were involved in a battle you guys build please add them. Thanks for reading cheers :)

VonMudra

Only a few ANZAC fighter groups and a very few observers took part in the Normandy campaign. There were no actual ANZAC units that took part in the fighting, so portraying them will have to wait for the distant future.

REAPER-r32

Yeah mate I realise you guys will keep the parties involved in a battle/campaign as realistic as possible (which is awesome) instead of PEW PEW PEW MURICA done it all, Just if or when you guys get to a campaign or battle that ANZAC were a part of you could give them their own identity instead of just folding them into the British forces. Just a suggestion for like you said future development.

Aniallator

Speaking of Australians, today celebrates the day Australian and British forces recaptured Bardia, Libya, from the Italians in 1941. It was the first battle of the war that involved the Australian Army.

VonMudra

Yeah mate I realise you guys will keep the parties involved in a battle/campaign as realistic as possible (which is awesome) instead of PEW PEW PEW MURICA done it all, Just if or when you guys get to a campaign or battle that ANZAC were a part of you could give them their own identity instead of just folding them into the British forces. Just a suggestion for like you said future development.

Well, yah, duh. Don't see why we wouldn't. O.=.o

Sydd

You know its obvious that at some point the American faction will be making an entry into this game. But We ALL know how the Americans invaded german occupied france, how russia fought back after the battle of Stalingrad (? Dont kill me if im wrong.) But in a game, I have NEVER experienced how the germans invaded france, how they invaded russia etc. I mean.. Sure Hitler had some evil ideas but.. Its interesting.. how did the germans beat french tanks like the B1 with their obsolete pz1s and 2s? I am a lot more curious about the early years of ww2.

VonMudra

Lots of 88mms. Lots of them. Like, generally what happened was the German tanks were used as bait to draw the French tanks into ambushes by the 88mms, leading to dreadfully high losses on both sides.

FlyingR

Lots of 88mms. Lots of them. Like, generally what happened was the German tanks were used as bait to draw the French tanks into ambushes by the 88mms, leading to dreadfully high losses on both sides.

I love it when you post historical facts! :D
That would make some sweet gameplay, I can picture lots and lots of explosions! I would like that indeed.

If anything I would prefer the Italian front. Would love to play Monte Cassino and Gustav Line so bad! Made realistically so we would have to climb the mountains, attack or defend the abbey and shells would be raining from the sky... perfect!

Aniallator

If I could snap my fingers and have another front for TW, I'd say the 1940 battle for France and the Low Countries, no question. An Italian campaign would be a close second, but to be able to fight through Calais, Eben-Emael, and Stonne would be my dream come true.

Status
Not open for further replies.